Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Can I possibly underbluff this river or did this card screw me over?

UntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Villain seemed competent although not very active. He bought in very deep and but seemed like he was just waiting to stack the action player.

2/5 ~$1800 effective

One limper
Hero raises to $25 UTG+2 with AsJc
Villain calls in CO
Limper calls

Flop ($82) Ks Ts 6c
Check
Hero bets $55
Villain calls
Fold

Turn ($192) 3s
Hero bets $125
Villain raises to $325
Hero raises to $725
Villain tank calls

Obviously, the plan here was to bluff him all-in on the river if the nut flush would still be the nuts by the river.

But...

River Kx

The problem here is, I pretty much only have the nut flush or something like the hand I have in my range here. He can have sets in his range, which is why I chose to give up. But could I possibly bluff small to make it look like the nut flush still trying to get thin value from smaller flushes?

A more interesting question might be: If I actually had the nut flush, what should I be doing here?

Comments

• nahcretep Posts: 108Subscriber
    hmm..how much does he have left?
    the thing is when he raise the turn, he is also representing a flush, JJ, 66 will most likely raise the flop instead of turn, but some people play weird. now if he has a flush and think you are capable to re- bluff him with the lone Ah like AK, thats why he calls hoping a check on blank river.

under bluff is fine, sometimes you just have to pull the trigger, but your bet sizing has to be pretty good, since you have about 1k behind, maybe something that screams " I'm not bet folding" ?
    shoving can get maximum fold, but if he is good hand reader and have balls, he might just find a hero call, putting you on AK for a "please fold bluff"

so...i think if you have decided to under bluff, I said $650 you are bluffing anyways, so if he shove you just fold.
    also, what do you guys think about a little acting? like, "well, if you have a boat, you have a boat, what ever I bet my nut flush"
  • OminousCowOminousCow Posts: 702Subscriber
    It would be strange for the villain to raise/call the turn with a hand that can make a full house so a value bet would still be in order with the nut flush. You only have $1k left with $1.6k in the pot so you can't go too far wrong jamming as a bluff although the smaller bet might be perceived as stronger. I think the best line is really villain dependent.

I don't like talking during hands. Unless you are good at it I think it's too easy to say the wrong thing.
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    nahcretep said

also, what do you guys think about a little acting? like, "well, if you have a boat, you have a boat, what ever I bet my nut flush"
    This is not something that I ever like doing. If I were to hear that out loud, all I hear in my mind is "I don't have a flush"
  • Steve Posts: 149Subscriber
    Is this a good play at 2/5?

Most players I know at this level have a tough time laying down a flush here. I understand that you block him from having the nut flush, but I wonder if he folds the river no mater what it is.
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    OminousCow said

It would be strange for the villain to raise/call the turn with a hand that can make a full house so a value bet would still be in order with the nut flush. You only have $1k left with $1.6k in the pot so you can't go too far wrong jamming as a bluff although the smaller bet might be perceived as stronger. I think the best line is really villain dependent.

I don't like talking during hands. Unless you are good at it I think it's too easy to say the wrong thing.
    I agree with your thought process completely.