Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 turned 2pair get raised.

Devo Posts: 1Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Effective stacks $500.

Brand new table.

Villain is late 60s early 70s haven't played with him before.

Villain limps UTG+1 2 other limpers hero completes from SB with KheartJdiamond

Flop $25- Jheart9spade2heart Hero leads out $15 and BB folds Villain calls, other 2 fold.

Turn $55- Kdiamond Hero leads out $30 and Villain min raises to $60. Hero calls.

River $175- 5nosuit Hero checks and villain bets $150 pretty quickly. Hero....

The river is my mistake, I feel like calling the turn is pretty standard. I probably should bet fold this river? I puts Villains range to Q10/J9/J10/KQ or Small PPs. Not really any history. But him limping makes me take away 99+ AQs+ from range. Is it best to check fold this river (weak) or bet fold. Are we ever calling vs Unknown old guy?

Thanks in advance,

Thought I would give this forum a chance versus 2p2 because his podcasts are pretty good, figured the registered posters would be better than ur average 2p2

Comments

• Steve Posts: 149Subscriber
    If you're planning on calling the river, I think betting on the river is fine.

His $150 bet on the river doesn't look like KQ to me. The only value hand you can beat here, IMO, is J9.

His turn min raise seems more consistent with QT though.

It's a tough spot. I'd say either lead for $75 on the river and confidently fold to a raise. Or check the river and use his sizing to narrow his range. My instincts say most players would only bet $150 with hands that beat KJ.
  • Gordon806 Posts: 59Member
    In my game with what you described its a pitch. We would like to think grandpa could make this move with hearts or J9 but they simply don't. I would also discount J9 because with two hearts out there this profile will usually raise the flop because he is scared of another heart.
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    probably just a difference in the games that we play.

Old guys never raise without KK+. The old guys in my game will limp with QQ and AK all day long.
    They also dont float with KQ on that flop. they are looking to make pairs and call bets.
    I also find it hard to beleive that he would bet 2p on the river. Especially that big.
    I think its a fold.
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    why is no one considering AK or AA (less likely but possible) as part of villains range?