Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2-$5 NL..AQ off from Sm Bl facing raise from Btn

Game had just started $500 buy in both Hero and Villain started hand with same $2/$5 NL about the 4th hand got folded to a middle aged man on the Btn who raised to $15.Hero also in his mid thirties reraised to $55 with A Q BB folded and Btn (Villain) thought a bit and called. Pot $$115

Flop A 5 J Hero bet $65 and Villain called-POT $245

Turn was 5 Hero check and V check..

River J

Should we bet 1/2 Pot and Bet/Fold-Bet even smaller like $80 and hope to get value from an Ace..easy Bet fold if had a J..

Was the turn check weak or standard in this spot?

Spoiler:
we bet $110 and V reraised all in and we folded

Comments

• kaboojie Posts: 99Subscriber
    I'd rather check and look to call a reasonable bet with this hand.
  • CrushLiveDegensCrushLiveDegens Posts: 55Subscriber
    edited December 7
    I'm betting turn to get value from A× X and J× X

River bet for value seems pretty bad. You're not getting called by worse.
    I think check/fold is standard. If you were deeper you could consider a check/shove as a bluff.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 1,784Subscriber
    I'd rather B, B, X this hand I think betting twice better defines his range. It's a 3b pot so less likely he has 2 suit. What you don't want is some idiot getting a free card with J x X OTT Or a hand like Q Q x getting 11 outs.

On the river it's very likely if you B, B, he has a big heart and isn't folding so it makes an easy XF. He is just as scared of hearts as you are
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 324Subscriber
    Latrell1515 said:
    folded to a middle aged man....Hero also in his mid thirties...
    Wait so mid 30s is middle aged? You fucking snowflakes.

Signed, a man in his 40s, which apparently is close to death

:P

• Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 291Subscriber
    Umm, your post seems to have an error in it. How can both a flop card and the river card be the jack of ♥️

Anyway-

Yeah, I think bet, bet, check is the ideal line here against most villains. Still getting called by once big heart that has something else going on, a jack, an ace, KQ.

Against most players, I am check folding the river. He isn't bluffing with a busted straight draw (and doesn't have many of those anyway) so he either has an ace, jack, or a flush. An ace that you beat is going to take a showdown, and the other hands you lose too.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 460Subscriber
    I'd bet the turn. A ton of hands to get value from, such as Ax where X isn't K, Q, J, or 5. KhJx. QhJx. KhQx, or vice versa. $130 or so seems fine.

River, check/fold. We're turning our hand into a bluff on a board where, given the representation, V just has us crushed so much.