Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AK pre with A exposed

Pipboy Posts: 8Subscriber
edited December 2017 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
5/5 300-500 buyin at Hollywood Park, stack 700. utg seems competent, has his backpack and ipad setup, raises to 20, stack 600. Drunk lag utg+1 with 500 flats, spazzy guy on tilt ships 250 from mp.

I'm in the sb with AKdd and pause, planning to shove. BB mucks out of turn and inadvertently turns up an A. Is this enough of a factor to change our play?
Tagged:

Comments

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 1,973Subscriber
    edited December 2017
    You had lost 16% of it's value right there which means you are ~4% less to win if you get heads up.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 566Subscriber
    How much on tilt is this player? He could have a range as wide as like KQ, AJ, 77+ if he is on major tilt.

If that is the case, then I wouldn't change the default line of re shipping. Against a tighter short stacked player though, I'd muck it.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 1,973Subscriber
    edited December 2017
    How often you see spazzy people ship $250 on tilt? If they do spazz ship it's usually AK or a pair.

If he has like $75 or $100 I could see a worse hand.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 566Subscriber
    There is something to be said for getting all the money in HU against a player who will lose his money soon. We need to be the ones to win it before it leaves.

Our goal here should be to make sure we put ourselves in a position to have a shot at that money. Even seeing the A, we should be happy to get it in against a tilting, spazzy player for 50bb.