Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2018 WSOP Schedule

Comments

• UnknownRec Posts: 26SubscriberProfessional
    Anyone know if I can use my credit card to buy into 2018 wsop??
  • alambic49 Posts: 87Subscriber
    In! Booked everything and will be playing the Millionaire maker, the marathon and maybe a 1500 stud.
    Alambic are u able to pay by credit card?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,411AdministratorLeadPro
    UnknownRec said:

In the past you could pay by card if you preregistered online. But you have to pay an extra 3% in fees.

Bart
    I think it’s Bogata Poker website only site I can register online and pay 3% for WSOP, know of any of all other sites?
    UnknownRec said:
    Paid my accommodation and all that way. Tournament entries I will simply pay cash the day before to avoid the lines.

• brick Posts: 105Subscriber
    edited January 7
    How does event 28 Millionaire Maker compare to the 7 Colossus in terms of value for a good player? I'm assuming the structure is a lot better in event 28 and better if I'm only playing one event?
    Colossus structure is really fast. Plus there are 20k+ entries. You NEED to be lucky
    Millionaire maker is a bit better. More chips to start with a different levels are double the time. I think there were 7k entries last year.
    I will be playing the Millionaire maker this year. Day 1B. See you there maybe!
    Thank. Another question, how do people handle taxes when selling a percentage?

If All money goes to the winner and he distributes the percentage to others then won't the 1099 forms be much higher than what the winner keeps, causing trouble with the IRS?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,411AdministratorLeadPro
    brick said:
    Thank. Another question, how do people handle taxes when selling a percentage?

If All money goes to the winner and he distributes the percentage to others then won't the 1099 forms be much higher than what the winner keeps, causing trouble with the IRS?
    For everyone that profits more than $600 from you in a given year, you issue them 1099s and note it in your gambling journal. So if you win a tourney for $100,000 and someone has 50% of your action, you issue them a 1099 for $50k and send a copy to the IRS. Then, if audited you show that to the IRS along with your gambling log.
    edited January 13
    Ah, I see. That makes sense! Thanks.
  • wildncrazyguywildncrazyguy Posts: 409Subscriber
    You selling pieces of yourself again Bart?
  • chilidog Posts: 2,422Subscriber
    wildncrazyguy said:
    You selling pieces of yourself again Bart?
    yes