Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Top Section Podcast Discussions 2018

BartBart Posts: 5,725AdministratorLeadPro
This is an all encompassing thread for Top Section episodes in 2018.

Please mention the episode and hand itself when posting about a spot.

Bart
Tagged:

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,977SubscriberProfessional
    The second hand from the Office Hours #3 podcast from Dave:
    2/5. Solid HJ $20, Button calls, Hero calls BB 8d9d.
    Pot $60. Flop TcJc4d. Hero check/calls $35...

@lindppr proposes a very robust flop checkraising range, since we have a lot of hands that hit this board (2P+). I normally don't raise that much in this spot since we're so wide completing from the big blind that those 2P+ hands actually make up a small portion of our overall range. Fiddling around with the hand in a solver seems to support this, as I get a higher raising range when I input a tighter OOP range the checkraise range goes up, but still not a huge amount (18% with range, 41% with actual hand).

1) Seems like the percentage of hands that are strong value a bigger factor is a bigger factor than sheer number of hands, no?
    2) Knowing we have such a wide BB range, should that preclude us from checkraising so frequently?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,725AdministratorLeadPro
    Im not sure how wide we are here calling 4x from HJ after button calls. Maybe 30-40% of hands? I am pretty sure that Dave called in this hand on a call in show and I also endorsed a check raise. Especially with the bd flush draw.

I think where you might find less check raises is calling from the Sb. Like say Hj opens SB calls. We would have to really watch out frequency there. Bart