Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Do I bluff catch?

z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
V just sat down. His 2nd hand.
5/5 500 effective

UTG opens to 25. 1 call V calls in MP H calls with black 77 in CO. Button calls.

Flop 5 ways (135): 8h 4s 4h

PFR checks all check around.

Turn (135) 2c

2 checks now V leads for $40.

I call. 3 folds

River (215): 8h 4s 4h 2c 6d

V bets 80. H?

Is my hand strong enough to bluff catch? Also I could see betting flop, I definitely would with 99. I just thought there’s too many players to get through here.
Tagged:

Comments

• sivaddivad Posts: 339Subscriber
    I would bet this flop for value/protection. Not a lot of good turn cards for our hand.

As played, I would call river. He doesn't rep a ton of value. Most people would bet an 8 when checked to on the flop. His value is a four, a boat with 66/88, or some kind a weird straight. He could easily be bluffing the 1 in 3.68 times needed to be break even.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    i call and i also probably raise turn at some rate as well.
  • sivaddivad Posts: 339Subscriber
    What would be the reason to raise turn?
    mainly due to his sizing also if we give him a range that includes 4x or 8x then it also includes 55 and 6x. We block a few of his combos with 77 plus he could be semi bluffing with a flush draw here after postflop went passive.

If we are calling its because of that right? so why cant we raise/fold here? or raise turn, re eval river but more than liekly Villain never acts out of line OOP on river so we can easily check it back if need to.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,314Subscriber
    Bet flop. As played..... Really strange play.

I'd call.... if he shows you some retarded hand like AA say I guess 32s isn't good here and muck. That will do wonders for your image.
    results?
  • z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
    Spoiler:
    I called after tanking. V flipped over 66 for a boat. As I want going to muck the guy said “I want to see that hand”.
  • DrSpace Posts: 716Subscriber
    I think you are not good often enough. Bigger sizing and more polarized betting might induce me to call a little more often.
    Villain can use this sizing with an 8 and actually might. Makes 77 no good too often.