Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Podcast No. 273: New Year's Concepts"

BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
On this first podcast of 2018 Bart discusses a hand where he has a fullhouse and needs to call for a chop, two flush barreling scenarios and checking back an over pair that turns into top set in a 3 bet pot.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/new-years-concepts
Tagged:

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    @bart, question on the first hand of the podcast:

$5/$10, UTG limp, Villain on button raises to $45, Hero BB with 8c9c calls, UTG folds.
    Pot $90. Flop Jd 9d 7x. Hero checks. Villain checks.
    Pot $90. Turn 9x. Hero bets $75...

I would think villain would be pretty heavy towards AK/AQ/KQ with this line, and your commentary in the podcast indicates as such. So if that is his range, why wouldn't we check and give him a chance to bluff? Potentially even check/call, then lead? It seems we'd be targeting exactly TT for value with this turn bet. Can you elaborate more on your reasoning for betting the turn? You focused more on sizing in the podcast than reasons for betting...
  • BartBart Posts: 5,821AdministratorLeadPro
    I mean we have to have some hands to value bet the turn right? Are you not betting KJ, AJ? What about 77 or T8? Or are you saying because we have trip 9s the villain is drawing dead? Also I doubt many will start bluffing with AK or AQ in this spot, especially this type of guy. I think a bet gains more EV then a check. --Bart
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    I feel like a bet will fold out the majority of his holdings. I agree that villain will check back AK/AQ again a lot, but doesn't he bet those more often than he calls a bet? Perhaps I'm overbluffing here, as the only value hand I think I lead the turn with is 7x, mostly for equity protection. I guess I could be leaving value on the table, though...