Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

How to remember hands during a long session?

I've never been good at remembering hands with all the proper details. Do you keep notes on your phone? On paper? Some other way?

I want to be able to look back on a session and remember all the important hands not just bits and pieces. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,444Subscriber
    I can remember certain hands no problem as long as I'm engaged.
  • pokertime Posts: 2,121Subscriber
    edited January 11
    If I’m not sure about a hand I usually mull it over some point in the session when I’m card dead. Then again on the drive home so I usually remember them fine. But if your having a lot of hands that gave you trouble it can’t hurt to make quick notes in your phone.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 1,900Subscriber
    Write them down in a notebook or your phone between hands. Pretty easy assuming you are playing tight.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,655Subscriber
    Fuzzypup said:
    Write them down in a notebook or your phone between hands. Pretty easy assuming you are playing tight.
    Yep. I note every hand I VPIP in Evernote on my phone using shorthand.
  • Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 394Subscriber
    There is also an IPhone app for it. Also, I need to be more diligent about recording hands....
  • Stoked Posts: 20Subscriber
    I put details of notable hands I want to review in my "notes" app on phone. Soon after they happen so I don't forget details. Would use an app specifically for it though if it was easy to use. Notes works ok for me though as u can be as detailed or not as you want
  • Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 394Subscriber
    Yeah, though the more time you study, the more you play, the easier it gets to remember hands.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 1,900Subscriber
    Some hands i wish to forget. They are too traumatic.