Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Top 2 facing raise

kaboojie Posts: 120Subscriber
Been at the table with Villain for a few hours. First time I've played with Villain. I've seen him make a couple of questionable calls and hit big hands earlier. On one other occasion I snapped off a river bluff from him. Other than that, not a lot of info.

2/5 Eff Stacks 1000

2 limps, Hero Raises 35 with JcTc on HJ, Villain calls on Btn. one limper calls

(117) Flop 9hTs3c check, Hero bets 75, Villain calls, limper folds

(267) Turn Jd Hero bets 125 Villain Raises 375

Hero?

If the stacks were smaller, I think this is an easy shove. With 500 left behind this raise, I'm not so sure.

Another question is when the stacks are deeper, should I be checking back the turn in spots like this or should I still be value betting for 3 streets? I ask this because I was in a similar spot in a previous session where I laid down AA facing a turn raise on a pretty dry board because the stacks were deeper. Maybe a bet/check/bet line is better in these spots with deeper stacks?

Tagged:

Comments

• pokertime Posts: 2,129Subscriber
    I think your bet is fine. People may call light just thinking you are barreling AK also draws will still call and in this case you may be getting raised by QJ maybe AJ. It’s not impossible he flopped a set and waited to raise. Because if history I’m going to be torn between GII as he can call with QJ and AJ. Or just calling and hope for a clean river he stacks off too. I feel either play is fine and the call keeps bluffs and overplays in we just need the brick river.

If playing deep is making you fold big hands or slow down you probably shouldn’t play deep. It’s true you need to be prudent but you should be happy to GII with AA deep or shallow. Your either good or your not so figure that out and don’t worry about stacks so much.
  • MXRider Posts: 21Subscriber
    I think we have to let this go. Trying to use my newfound knowledge here and looking at villains full range (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Villain has the following value range
    6 sets
    16 combos of 87
    16 combos of KQ

There's no flush draw out and i don't see any logical bluffs. There is 720 in the pot and 250 to call giving us almost 3:1 and we have 4 clean outs. (I'm getting lost here on how much we need hero to extract based upon implied odds)
  • kaboojie Posts: 120Subscriber
    pokertime said:
    If playing deep is making you fold big hands or slow down you probably shouldn’t play deep. It’s true you need to be prudent but you should be happy to GII with AA deep or shallow. Your either good or your not so figure that out and don’t worry about stacks so much.
    Thanks for your feedback. Other than these two spots, I've been pretty comfortable playing deeper. I just wasn't sure if I needed to make an adjustment vs certain V's and maybe "pot control" a little so I don't get lost or if going for 3 streets with these hands is still more profitable, even playing deeper. If I keep laying down in these spots, I'm bound to get exploited by aware players so I'd like to correct if need be.