Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Questions for Cushlash Podcast (Poker pro gone corporate podcast)

RobFarha Posts: 149Pro
edited January 22 in The Grind poker podcast
Upon graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2012, Taylor aka ‘cushlash’ moved to Las Vegas to pursue a career in poker. There he played live mid-stakes NLHE professionally for over 5 years, while also blogging about it in his 2+2 thread. In August of 2017 he transitioned to a traditional full-time job as a Marketing Analyst at Caesars Entertainment.

Some starting points-

1. Adjustment to less free time and way more structure - waking up early, listening to bosses etc.

2. Work environment - interactions with with poker players vs co-workers now.

3. Financial aspect - poker is likely better in the short term while a regular job is likely better in the long term.

Feel free to branch off or ask any questions you'd like to hear me ask. Message me on slack, twitter or post here.

Comments

• Jesse_The_Suit Posts: 485Subscriber
    I assume this will be a sort of obvious question, but does Taylor regret going pro and entering the "real" work force late, or did he on balance enjoy his time as a pro?
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,640Subscriber
    Do you still live the same lifestyle just weekends only or no?
  • PBJTIME Posts: 314Subscriber
    What do you miss most/least about being a poker pro?

Obviously it’s early to ask this question, but, do you think you’d ever go back to being a poker pro?
  • AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    What was the corporate job interview process like? How did he sell his poker experience as relevant experience? Does he have any recommendations as far as things we can do as poker players to stay marketable to the corporate world?
  • RobFarha Posts: 149Pro
    AJoff said:
    What was the corporate job interview process like? How did he sell his poker experience as relevant experience? Does he have any recommendations as far as things we can do as poker players to stay marketable to the corporate world?
    Damn. This is actually a very good question. Unfortunately we already recorded and I didn't ask him.

I will ask him myself and post the reply.
  • AJoff Posts: 546Subscriber
    edited February 8
    Sorry. Little behind on the podcasts
  • PBJTIME Posts: 314Subscriber
    PBJTIME said:
    What do you miss most/least about being a poker pro?

Obviously it’s early to ask this question, but, do you think you’d ever go back to being a poker pro?
    I guess it wasn’t so early after all! Lol.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler