Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 5 PLO8 too thin for repot?

Beatsme Posts: 587Subscriber
Mama is driving the action hard tonite. Pot pot pot is all shes saying... playing lots of hands. Stack has been swinging from 300 to 2500 all nite.

Im the eff stack at 960ish
Mama opens mp 15
I call A2K6 from co
2 other calls including an omc nit from the button

A little info about the omc nit because i think it is very relevant to the hand... he wont put in big money (300 to him) without a 2 way hand. He is very cautious. His fold button is big and he will press it alot. He also knows im a tight player that plays good 2 way hands. He is also winning tonite and has a $600 stack up prob +300.

Flop (60) K57 :r:
Mama pots
I call?
Omc nit calls (alarm bells)

Turn (240) 6 :r:
Mama pots
I shove here for 800ish?? Is this too thin? A2 and 2 pair
(My read is that the nit will fold naked A2. Sets with bad low draws. He will prob call with sets+ A3. Prob call with 234x. MAYBE call with A23x. Prob call with A2 +2 pair)

Whats my play?

Spoiler:
i repot omc tanks and tanks.
Then folds mama calls board runs out with a K she has 347J and we split

Comments

• 2thdoctor Posts: 66Subscriber
    If you think you can get nit to entirely fold out his half of the pot OR potentially maybe call for half/one quarter I think the shove is great, seems
    Like a win win.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    Preflop - if she is playing as wild as you say tonight, I would often 3bet this hand. You may gain the button and your hand is well ahead of her range.

Flop - I think a call is OK here, but I would also consider raising the spot to fold out the other players’ equity. Once again, your hand figures to be a favorite against her range and it takes someone having a super strong two way hand to have you in bad shape here.

Turn - As played, yes I like the pot here. You are happy to get it in against her and you can also fold a one way hand with equity from the OMC.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,972AdministratorLeadPro
    I dont understand what games you guys are playing with this hand and the slack hand from @marcusj last night. If Mama is pot pot potting I am happy to get this hand in on the flop. Top pair, nut low draw with backup is a hand I am going to war with against a given player type. You are ahead of every hand except for AA2 and sets.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    If mama is playing too many hands, we might attempt to isolate her pre with this hand. We are so far ahead of her range with good board coverage for high and low. There are so many flops where we can get her to stack off with a draw for half or 1/4 locked.

If we get a cold call behind, it can many times be another A2xx, so we can proceed with caution on low flops.

I think the value in getting her heads up vs our hand outweighs the value in letting other random hands in behind us for extra value. A3xx for example can have us dead on a 2LL flop, but our back up A6 and pair of 2s can have mama drawing against our hand both directions.