Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 330 "Ante Turn play and double barreling part 1"

BartBart Posts: 5,182AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart reviews himself playing a $5-$5-$ante session with a concentration on turn play and double barreling.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/ante-turn-play-and-double-barreling-part-1
Tagged:

Comments

• nofriends333 Posts: 834Troll
    two questions Did you take offense to Harry pinching your cheek and did it hurt?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,182AdministratorLeadPro
    edited February 4
    No not at all. I love Harry. My only gripe is that we sort of dont have action with each other. he's literally the only one that I have that relationship with, besides maybe @DavidTuchman
  • boobear Posts: 13Subscriber
    I feel like a lot of players at this level would go bet bet bet on this board as the pfr with a premium pp (JJ+) to try and get value from mid pairs (77-TT). Why do you say that the natural play is to check back the turn when the board double pairs?
    Thanks
    boobear said:
    I feel like a lot of players at this level would go bet bet bet on this board as the pfr with a premium pp (JJ+) to try and get value from mid pairs (77-TT). Why do you say that the natural play is to check back the turn when the board double pairs?
    Thanks
    Not sure what games you are playing in but going bet bet bet on a 6655x board is far far from the norm in the game here in LA. Maybe, maybe, you get a pro that might bet the river for value on a blank after checking back the turn with an overpair, but no way he bets turn and river with a hand like say QQ. Same can obv be said for a rec player, although you may see the rec player bet turn and check back river.

Bart
  • boobear Posts: 13Subscriber
    edited February 6
    Bart said:
    boobear said:
    Thanks
    Not sure what games you are playing in but going bet bet bet on a 6655x board is far far from the norm in the game here in LA. Maybe, maybe, you get a pro that might bet the river for value on a blank after checking back the turn with an overpair, but no way he bets turn and river with a hand like say QQ. Same can obv be said for a rec player, although you may see the rec player bet turn and check back river.

Bart
    Maybe I haven't seen this exact same situation in my games. But I see all the time players triple barreling AK on an A high or K high dry board and getting called by worse pairs or top pair worse kicker. How is an overpair on the double paired board much different? Sorry I'm confused because the trend in your low limit videos is always to go for max value because rec players can't fold. In this particular hand you called 3 barrels with 77 so if he had an overpair it would have been correct to bet all three streets.
    Bart on another note, did anyone ever tell you you have the face of a 15yr old. Do you get stopped for ID when you enter a club or asked for proof when you buy drinks in a bar?
    nofriends333 said:
    Bart on another note, did anyone ever tell you you have the face of a 15yr old. Do you get stopped for ID when you enter a club or asked for proof when you buy drinks in a bar?
    Yes I get carded at Hollywood Park (where the guard is at the front door) maybe 1 out of every 5 times. I turned 38 BTW in January.
    the KK vs 44 hand is why you are Bart Hanson and why i am and have no friends . When you turned over your hand after calling a shove and basically nodding your head like a good sport i would have come close to spitting at the winner and walking out in disgust cursing and yelling To me that was a hell of a lot of dough