Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2-5 PLO - Bluff Turn or River?

UTG - Wealthy middle-aged guy who loves PLO and often plays in big games. Likes to hang around in hands and chase draws. Occasionally will pay-off light, but has learned to read hands reasonably well and respect nutted bets. Probably views Hero as tight solid.

UTG+1 - New player in last 30 minutes. Seems like a young grinder type.

Preflop - $800 effective

UTG puts out $10. (He forgot to straddle so just makes it $10 to go.) UTG+1 raises to $30. Hero calls in the CO with QhJcTh4s. SB, BB, and UTG call. 5 way action. It checks around to the turn

Turn ($150) Ac Kc 4h 8h. SB checks, UTG bets $50, UTG+1 calls $50. Should Hero raise here with Broadway wrap, FD, and pair? Hero calls $50. SB and BB fold.

River ($300) Ac Kc 4h 8h 3c. Both check to Hero. Bluff here? (Note the Jc in our hand.)
Tagged:

Comments

• z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
    Not sure I’m a fan of the call this shallow pre. If we were deeper I would rather 3-bet I think to isolate. I don’t want to play this hand 5 ways.
    We aren’t deep enough to pressure made hands and bluff multiple streets if needed.

As played after PFR checks I think I would bet flop and see which player calls.

Turn as played I’m not sure what hands we are raising here that are value. Maybe 88? But that’s literally all we have as value that isn’t betting flop. So a flat is fine. On the river I don’t hate a bluff. Betting river much more believable than raising turn. So bluffing river is okay if you think one of them can lay down some low flush. All 2-pairs fold here so I can get behind a river bluff.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    z7 said:
    Not sure I’m a fan of the call this shallow pre. If we were deeper I would rather 3-bet I think to isolate. I don’t want to play this hand 5 ways.
    The preflop 3bettor was the effective stack here. Hero and UTG are about $1500 each. Not sure if it changes much.

The preflop was a little weird because of the $10 minraise by UTG. It seemed like he did it because he missed his straddle but I was not positive. Also, I didn’t have much of a read on the young grinder yet. Maybe a fold is better?
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    z7 said:

Turn as played I’m not sure what hands we are raising here that are value. Maybe 88? But that’s literally all we have as value that isn’t betting flop. So a flat is fine.
    I agree we would not be representing much. It would be a raise mainly to attack the weakness. A $50 bet doesn’t seem too strong and the Preflop 3bettor can’t be strong checking the flop and flatting the turn.