Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Turning Awkward 2-Pair

Villain is relatively unknown, but seems to be on the weak-reg spectrum. I probably could've attacked his weak sizing pre, but opted not to, unsure of its meaning just yet & oop. Flop seems standard, but what's the optimal line moving forward after we improve on the turn, while the card is good for our opponent's range as well? Leading? X/c turn, x/c blank river? About $400 deep, 1/3. Thanks.

H (BB): Kc Ts

Fold x 3, V r $7, fold x 4, H calls

F ($14): Kh Jh 7d

H x, V b $15, H c $15

T ($40): Th

H ???
Tagged:

Comments

• Acidhauss Posts: 289Subscriber
    I think because theres so many combos of AQ in his range (16) its a check.

Against a recreational player I don't mind leading small 30-40% of the pot. You're banking on the fact that they will be playing honestly, and will simply just call with AK/AA/AT type holdings. The small bet has the advantage of controlling the size of the pot OOP on a very dynamic board, while ensuring you havent unnecessarily bloated it with a large bet
  • GrinddaddyGrinddaddy Posts: 24Subscriber
    Betting here is good because I think the heart draw flat and straights may raise could be a bet fold spot
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 791Member
    Grinddaddy said:
    Betting here is good because I think the heart draw flat and straights may raise could be a bet fold spot
    This was my first instinct. Acid makes good points as well.
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 554Subscriber
    I don't think there are as many AQ as 16 combos. This weak reg would have to open to a weak sizing, then cbet a flop thaat he missed, which weak regs don't do a lot. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some AQ, but I think closer to 8 than 16. For randomization purposes, all of the AQ that has at least one heart in it.

As played, we can bet/fold turn. He will have a lot of AK/KQ/QJ/AJ/QQ/QT in his range that will continue. These aren't hands that are raising our turn bet for the most part either. We can bet like $35-40. There is so much of his range that is going to connect with this board that can call. Bad rivers are going to be any A, any Q, any J, any heart, any 9. I'd just check and try to pot control on those rivers. On good rivers, I'd bet/fold about $65. Sizing down because the hand is finite, but still should have a relatively condensed range.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 1,956Subscriber
    I'd bet. He has so many combos that won't fold here. There are more big pair type hands in his range than draws.
    You also don't want 66 checking back and spiking an 11 outer. Or a J with a heart spiking some 14 outer.

I would lean on smaller betting to keep his whole range in and not to bone myself if he has the nuts. Betting smaller also allows you to catch up for less and boat up if he has the NF
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,605Subscriber
    would leading smallish here or even 1/2 be seen as weak to some players? Can we go bigger here and say we bet pot or so. Feel we still get value from quite a few hands almost all hands that will call a 1/2 PSB. but also im thinking that Villain bluff raise frequency has to go down drastically with a bigger lead so we can make a correct fold every time to a raise.

so lead but 40-50.
    Thanks for responses thus far:
    Spoiler:

Hero bets $35 -- maybe a tad too large. Regardless, he calls.

River is a brick low card.

Hero ???
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,605Subscriber
    lead 70.
    Spoiler:
    Hero x. V b $35. H calls. V shows 54hh. Plan was to x/f to large sizing, x/c small -- probably better to bet.