Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 possible big pot with AK oop

Stoked Posts: 73Subscriber
edited February 11 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Very loose 1/2 game
Hero has about $450 and main villain in hand covers.
Straddle is on $4
Hero is utg1 with A K
Raise to $20
V in MP calls (LAG who has been on a heater)
Button calls, straddle calls

Flop ($83): A K 2

Hero bets $45
V in MP calls, button and straddle fold

Turn ($173): 2

Hero bets $95. V raises to $265

Hero?
I fell like flatting isn’t great with less than $200 behind, but our hand seems too strong to fold?...

Comments

• 2thdoctor Posts: 66Subscriber
    Shove. Little fold equity but that’s ok. When the 2 pairs villains can push AX hard because hey assume at worst a chop. You block the K spades so semi bouffs our the window. Only one combo of AA and KK and however many deuces you want to give V. If they’re pushing any AX to get you off a chop I’d say just go with it.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,675Subscriber
    Idk how u can fold here but it looks like he has a 2 or K2.
  • pokertime Posts: 2,175Subscriber
    edited February 11
    Jam. You have the same hand or he’s fast playing A2 which we can’t do anything about. It’s weird as he shouldn’t be bluffing but who knows. As 2th said he can have A trying to push you off chop which is crazy as we shouldn’t be folding.
  • Stoked Posts: 73Subscriber
    Thanks for the replies.

I kinda had a sick feeling about I but I thought if I am folding this I should just quit poker so I shoved as you guys recommended. He snapped me off with 23o, river bricked, and he cashed out.

I thought it was pretty standard but was getting tilted by the session in general and wanted to post to confirm This wasn’t a total spew... This guy had served me up a couple of brutal coolers last night so can’t say in the moment if I really thought it through, but thought it’s basica an autoshove
  • Fletch23 Posts: 112Subscriber
    That’s brutal but nothing you can do about it.

Get em next time.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,182AdministratorLeadPro
    Got to just go all-in. Nothing you can do about this one really.. He should never have a deuce here next to act, and you're only just over 100bbs effective with the straddle.

The only thing I would do different is rebuy and hunker down for a long session so long as the guy is still at the table.
  • Stoked Posts: 73Subscriber
    Yes Bart I excluded him holding a 2 except maybe A2s at a very low frequency next to act, different if he had been the B.B. or straddle.

I was prepared to dig in and sit as long as it took to recoup my losses from him but unfortunately he left right after this hand, and so did the other 2 deep stacks at the table (I guess he was also keeping them in the game with his action). It’s unfortunate because this was an uncapped game and would have gotten real interesting because I could have bought back in deep and had a real chance to get back up on the night and maybe even stack him. As it was I just left as all 75% of the $$$ on the table and most of the action players racked up after the hand.
  • pooboi Posts: 3Subscriber
    Would it ever be a good idea to check call the turn in this spot?