Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Limp reraise with AA56 in PLO8?

Game is 1/2 w/ 5$ bring in uncapped

I have AA56 dbl suited to both aces

I decide to limp from utg
not sure if this is better or worse than open raising. If I raise instead I am most likely going to get 4-6 callers as the table has been playing very loose passive.
The past couple of rounds almost every hand has been atleast a single raise before the flop, so I thought it unlikely that it would just get limped around and checked.
Maybe I want 4-6 callers since I most likely have a decent equity advantage vs there calling range. Seems more likely I will win the hand if I can limp re raise and get it down to 1-2 callers.

1 limp behind me in MP
CO makes it 25 - 800$ effective
SB calls - 370$ effective
BB calls

I make it 135$
CO calls
SB calls
3 ways to flop ~435$ in pot

K J 6 rainbow - I have 1 backdoor NFD

SB goes all in for 235
I think about it and raise all-in to 800$

:r:
Tagged:

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,363AdministratorLeadPro
    I think that thats probably fine given the nature of starting hands in PLO8. SB can literally be going with anything so as long as you don't run up against KK or JJ you are fine. Because you have two aces in your hand its even less likely that you are going to be running up against a hand like AKKx or AJJx.

In general I dont like limp reraising hands like this. Just open raise and play poker post flop.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 726Subscriber
    I would generally open raise this hand preflop and let people call with all kinds of crap hands, but I don't hate the limp/reraise if opponents will refuse to fold to a 3bet with their crap hands. I wouldn't do this worse aces. I'd want a suit and a wheel card minimum so you can flop good equity.

Flop - You would never fold versus the short stack in the SB if it were heads up. But, you have to worry about the larger stack in the CO. Do you have any reads on him? In particular, how wide would he call a 3bet preflop? Some of the loose/passives I play PLO8 against treat Kings the same as they would in PLO have have to see a flop. Others would need two wheel cards to take a flop with a 3bet. Ditto for Jacks.

Nonetheless, I would probably just commit with the hand like you did and force the CO to have hit this flop hard. If you were to just call and he ships, you would be getting 1670:565 on a call meaning you would need only >25% equity to call and be priced in unless you put his range on only sets. You'd have the odds to call versus KJxx. If you were to just call and he calls behind OTF, you would not have good visibility OTT as to which cards are not good/bad for you.
  • Beatsme Posts: 546Subscriber
    I would generally make a raise from utg with this hand. Going for a limp reraise makes the spr short and I think this particular hand is gonna do better with a high spr. AA3x or AA2x is different. We can flop strong 2 way hands. Its gonna be hard to win the low here unless we a get a flop with a 2 and a 3 in it...

When sb ships I think I prob fold. I think this is indicative of 2 pair plus almost always. Yes we have 2 AA so high powerhouse hands like AKKx and AJJx we block but would you really be surprised if sb shows down JJ47, KKT3, KJT8? I wouldn't. There are just so many hands that he could have here I don't think I would continue in this spot.
  • Brickowski Posts: 33Subscriber
    Bart said:

In general I dont like limp reraising hands like this. Just open raise and play poker post flop.
    are there any hands you would limp re raise with? would it be AA3x or AA2x like beatsme suggested, or do you think overall its a poor strategy as we are folding out alot of weak hands with a 3bet that would otherwise continue vs us - and also allowing more observant players explotivaley fold when we limp rr if we are not balancing this play.

On the other hand it seems we are more likely to win/scoop the pot if we can 3bet and get it down to heads up or 3 way.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 726Subscriber
    Beatsme said:

When sb ships I think I prob fold. I think this is indicative of 2 pair plus almost always. Yes we have 2 AA so high powerhouse hands like AKKx and AJJx we block but would you really be surprised if sb shows down JJ47, KKT3, KJT8? I wouldn't. There are just so many hands that he could have here I don't think I would continue in this spot.
    Getting 670:235 on a call meaning we need >26% equity, we would be priced in to call against all hands but a set if it were heads up. Of course, the deeper stack behind us must enter our decision here. But, I just don’t see how we can fold at that price. If the SB were deeper then I think a fold becomes more reasonable.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,363AdministratorLeadPro
    Brickowski said:
    Bart said:

are there any hands you would limp re raise with? would it be AA3x or AA2x like beatsme suggested, or do you think overall its a poor strategy as we are folding out alot of weak hands with a 3bet that would otherwise continue vs us - and also allowing more observant players explotivaley fold when we limp rr if we are not balancing this play.

On the other hand it seems we are more likely to win/scoop the pot if we can 3bet and get it down to heads up or 3 way.
    I just hate limp re raising. You don’t want to blow out the shit that people call with for a single raise, even if individually each hand might have decent equity against you.

Bart