Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2-5 PLO - Flopping Our Own Outs

Villain (covers) - He hosts a regular game of 5/10 - 25+ PLO so he is used to playing much bigger stakes. He loves action and will definitely gamble. He likes to see lots of flops and will stick around in hands. He understands how to use board textures and position to be aggressive. He would have no problem making a huge bluff if appropriate.

Hero ($3000) - Recently doubled up and been running well in about 1.5 hours at the table. Catching hands and been involved in a lot of the action. Villain probably views Hero as solid.

2-5 PLO with $10 Straddle On

Preflop - UTG limps. Hero dealt AAQJ with three hearts and raises to $50 from UTG2. Villain 3bets to $160 from Hero's immediate left. The others fold. Hero considers a 4bet, but decides not to because Villain is never folding, would range Hero heavily on aces, and often attack low and middle boards. Should we 4bet anyways?

Flop ($340) Ac Qc Jc. Hero checks. Villain pots. Hero?

If Hero continues, what is the plan for the rest of the hand?
Tagged:

Comments

• revisionisthistory Posts: 14Subscriber
    Based on your description of villain and given stack size I would repot. You will an SPR of 4.67. I would then lead pot in a heads up spot like this. Villain is sticky and will over commit from what you said.
  • MylesBerg Posts: 24Subscriber
    edited February 2018
    I would lead towards a call or fold here. You have your own outs to fill up, and could be drawing slim. If you call and he pots turn on a brick you'll have to fold. You're hoping he checks back turn, but that may be overly optimistic.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    revisionisthistory said:
    Based on your description of villain and given stack size I would repot. You will an SPR of 4.67. I would then lead pot in a heads up spot like this. Villain is sticky and will over commit from what you said.

If repot preflop, the pot on the flop will be about $1100 and there will be about $2500 effective remaining. Are you leading pot on all flops including low and middle boards?

This villain is sticky but it is in a savvy manner. For example, he might fold Kings on a 522 flop reading me for aces but attack a 764 flop with weak hand.
  • FreeLunch Posts: 1,309Pro
    If you can get below spr 4 out of pos repot but since you can’t here I’d call. I really don’t care if I miss some opportunity to make more out of position even when I’m wrong.

As played. Because you did not repot you are less likely to be perceived as having aa. Is there any reason he would think your range is not broadway heavy? For sure he expects you to get it in unless he thinks you might do this with a range he dominates or he is not thinking. Call is a valid option and goes up in value if you calling will freeze him with anything but nuts.

You have 26-28% vs most of the hands that have you beat now so you only need the be ahead a pretty small percent of the time to give you the equity to call so folding is a mistake. If it was spr<4 you are committed 2 streets so check raise might make sense vs a villain that will fold worse or call with much worse, but vs someone who is nuts heavy it’s throwing money away. So call evaluate . Check all turns even paired boards vs aggressive player. Lead paired boards vs calling stations. Check fold vs very predictable players who never fire 2 with worse. With players you know you will see a lot so you need to have balance AND who are aggressive or otherwise unpredictable you might have a long term benefit to just check calling 3 streets even if you miss as it does make you harder to play against if you take a stand in enough spots like this.