Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

4 flush board with only top set

SKOOSKOO Posts: 160Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Last week I was playing at the 1/2 Venetian and this hand came up.

Efct. Stacks are 100bb-125bb

This was a passive limp/call table and the man I was playing in this hand wasn't tricky. He was in his late 40's, and his hands shook every time he played a hand. I saw him limp call hands like AJs, QJo, and ATC. When he was in a hand he usually check called his marginal hands all the way to showdown, or folded. But he was stationy obviously.

Two limpers, I ISO to $10 from MP with QcQd- flop- Qs 9s 4s and the pot got 3 ways. The old man leads out for $12 and I flat. other folds. Thoughts?

Turn was a 7h and the old man leads out for $20. I just flat because I think he obviously hit something and I don't want to raise here and fold to a shove without seeing a river when I can boat up. Thoughts?

River was a bad card IMO -As- and he leads out for $20 again YUCK The smallish bet seemed weak, then again I don't think he folds to a river raise with a small flush.

Thanks everyone

Soon I will come down to the bike and play when I visit my family in Cali

Cheers and good luck

Comments

• Drew5harkDrew5hark Posts: 578Subscriber
    this is where, if deeper and against better players you can turn your set into a bluff and get a medium flopped flush to fold. As played and in this seemingly weak 1/2 game you are probably behind but the pot odds are over 5:1 and you need to call and hope he flopped 99, 44 or overplayed AQ...Expect to lose but call IMO.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    If you have seen this guy bet with a flush or big hand then maybe just maybe I would have only called on that flop.. But in my experience little bets into preflop raisers tend to mean "I have a drawing hand" then on the turn he even makes a smaller bet.. and still you only call. then on the river when he probably makes his hand its only 20 to call ..

When someone bets less than 1/3 pot I am usually raising with a set.. and I would get it all in on that flop. If they guy bets threebets me all in 100 bbs is generally not enough for me to fold top set.. So many players would check raise with a flush.

Wendy
  • SKOOSKOO Posts: 160Subscriber
    Drew said

this is where, if deeper and against better players you can turn your set into a bluff and get a medium flopped flush to fold. As played and in this seemingly weak 1/2 game you are probably behind but the pot odds are over 5:1 and you need to call and hope he flopped 99, 44 or overplayed AQ...Expect to lose but call IMO.
    im thinking this would have the best option as well.