There’s a certain reg/pro who keeps winning (almost every) 3bet pot we play. He plays the 2/5/10 and 10/10 game I play, and I see him playing 10/25 when it runs.
He’s usually 3betting more than anybody else at the table. Often from his blinds. But every time I called down he has it. I’ve seen him show up with hands like A7s from CO after HJ raise, KTo from B.B. after SB raise (after limpers), etc. And I have seen him show down a couple big bluffs after getting called, which have always made sense.
Some HHs (not including a bunch of hands where I just folded to his 3bets, and some where I called and folded flop - there were a couple small ones I won tho; and some single raised pots I’ve won too).
1. 10/10. Villain raises MP, hero 3bets with QQ to ~$150, villain 4bet to $420, hero calls. Flop is 662ss. Villain bets 450. Hero calls. Turn brick. Villain 800. Hero calls. River brick. Villain shoves ~1500. Hero calls. Villain has KK. (Pretty sure I should’ve folded here).
2. 2/5/10. Hero raises CO with XX, villain 3bets BTN, hero 4bets, villain 5bets, hero folds. Villain shows 95s.
3. 2/5/10. CO raises to $35. BTN calls. Villain 3bets from SB to $170. This sizing was unusually big. Hero flats with QQ. CO flats. BTN folds. Flop T73ss. Villain checks. Hero bets $150. CO folds. Villain calls. Turn brick. X/x. River T. Villain shoves and covers hero’s 800. Hero calls. Villain has AA. (I was close to folding here).
4. 2/5/10. Hero raises ATs from SB to $50. Villain 3bets straddle to $160. Hero calls. Flop JT5 with one spade. Hero checks, villain bets 220. Hero calls. Turn 6. Hero checks, villain bets 565. Hero folds.
5. 2/5/10. Hero raises BTN. Villain 3bets from SB. Hero 4bets (Ax). Villain 5bets big committing stacks. Hero folds.
6. 2/5/10. Villain raises SB. Hero 3bets straddle (QTo). Villain 4bets. Hero folds.
(Note: not including a bunch of hands where I opened and just folded to his 3bets.)
The latest frustrating hand...
2/5/10. Hero has AdQc and raises to $35. Folds to villain in B.B. who 3bets to $160. Hero calls. Flop QJ9ddd. Villain checks, hero checks. Turn Tx. Villain bets $220. Hero calls. River brick. Villain bets $600. Hero folds (I was really considering shoving ~2k left on river, we started with about $2400).
Any thoughts? We haven’t played a ton of sessions together, and it definitely seems like there’s been a lot of these pots for how many sessions we have played together. It seriously seems like he’s 3betting over 10% of my opens, so I don’t want to just fold everything but my premiums.