Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/3/5 bigO: flop nut low, 2pr, oesd

chilidog Posts: 2,422Subscriber
pot limit bigO, 2/3/5, $500 max
hero is well respected by villain (55 year old white guy who plays a bit too tight and relatively uncreatively). villain 2 is an unknown 50 year old white guy who appears to be fishy based on his first 20 minutes at the table.

villain1 in EP limps ($540), MP limps, V2 limps in CO ($625), hero on btn ($900) raises to $20 with A2568 (suited ace in diamonds), blinds both call, villain1 calls, V2 calls. 6 players to flop.

flop is 8 7 5
blinds check, villain1 pots $120, MP folds, v2 pots to $480, hero?

i think it is highly likely that v2 has a one way hand, but v1 potting the flop into the field is a bit concerning (he most likely has a two way hand, or hand + draw).

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,416AdministratorLeadPro
    Your definitely not shallow enough to not just get it in.

V1, I’m assuming this is Boomer, could have A246, but he could also have A23 with nut spades. Guy in between is a poor player like you said and your not going to lose that much if worst case scenario you get 1/4ed. Best case is V2 is blindly getting it in with A2 and you beat V1 right now on th high side.

• Beatsme Posts: 555Subscriber
    edited March 2
    OK in the games I play i'm absolutely putting my money in this pot... just because the players in my games will put money in pretty light.

I can see your concern though. V1 is pretty tight so when he pots he prob has nut low + good high potential. V2 most likely is potting it with a high hand... prob the nuts at the moment. Your high hand is decent but nowhere near the nuts... and not many cards can come to better your high hand if it is already beat.

Would V1 pot it with A2+ NFD? I know some older tight players would check call this hand. What about A236x?

Is it possible for V2 to show up with A2 +nfd? or something crazy like 2pair + 23? He could be thinking "2pair +2nd nut low... what a flop!" or a set with 23.

I guess like Bart said im going with my hand here. Basically because of the effective stacks. There is a lot of wacky stuff that V2 could show up with here... esp if hes an unknown and you only have 20min with this guy. (but yes most time he is going to have 96xxx)

But I can see that we get 1/4ed in this situation pretty often
  • chilidog Posts: 2,422Subscriber
    Yes -- v1 is boomer.
    Im thinking he has A2 , but probably not a strong A2xxx or he would have raised preflop the first time around. This could include stuff like A269x, A277x.
    What I meant about v2 having a one way hand is that I think it is very likely that he does not have an ace in his hand. Therefore potting hand would be mostly straights.
    Results:
    I folded to the flop raise. Board ran out A-A and I would have won the high with AAA88 and chopped the low for 3/4.
    V1 had A2J9x with nut spades and v2 who potted for $480 on the flop had 7642x.