Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2-5 PLO - Plan for the Turn

HJ - Plays tight but fairly aggressive. He's a good Hold'em player who dabbles in PLO. So, not an expert PLO hand reader, but played enough PLO to be fairly competent. Will splash around for small bets, but once the bets get into the $100's, his range becomes pretty nutted. Should view Hero as solid and running good this session.

$3,000 effective.

Preflop - Villain opens for $40 in the HJ. SB calls $40. Hero calls in $10 with AsKsJh6h.

Flop ($120) - Qs 5s 3c. SB and Hero check. HJ cbets $100. SB folds. Hero calls $100.

Pot is $320 going to turn heads up with ~$2,900 effective left. I put Villain's range on mostly AAxx, KKxx, QQxx, Qxxx, and air. Occasionally he could have a random straight draw, but he is not often opening low rundowns preflop.

How is this plan for various turn cards:

Board Pair - 9 unknown cards - Hero check/evaluates often folding
Spade - 8 cards - Hero leads
Broadway card (giving Hero pair and SD) - 11 cards - Hero leads
Seven or Two (using blocker) - 6 cards - Hero leads
Other cards - 10 cards - Hero check/evaluates often calling

I didn't put bet sizes to simplify, but would probably assume leading near pot.
Tagged:

Comments

• FreeLunch Posts: 1,309Pro
    Flop. Probably should lead this some decent percentage of the time. I would lead something like $75. as we completed in the BB we have a lot more 5,3 and q5 kind of stuff in our range than anyone else, this board static and we have a lot of equity against most hands. QQ will just pop us and we can fold or evaluate. We might see a lot of 7654 type hands in their ranges esp their leading ranges thus all the more reason for betting not much more than 1/2 pot.

Does villian think of hands like 7654 or 8765 as opening hands in HJ? If not, and likely not, then he has a lot of Q with good kicker, sets and over pairs with spades etc - basically what you put him on. We have way to much equity to fold. Too deep to C/R bluff that often. So call.

So re your plan

Board Pair - 9 unknown cards - Hero check/evaluates often folding

Yeah, unless he is the kind to turn a paired board into a bluff or just think "hey I improved to 2pr" There are certianly som villains where you should c/r some percent of the time.

Spade - 8 cards - Hero leads

ok - sizing? half pot?

Broadway card (giving Hero pair and SD) - 11 cards - Hero leads

Ok - C/r some percentage is also good

sizing? also half pot

Seven or Two (using blocker) - 6 cards - Hero leads

agree - but larger - closer to full pot

Other cards - 10 cards - Hero check/evaluates often calling
    ok

by 1InFlow
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    Thanks, FreeLunch. I like your thought process and bet-sizing suggestions on the turn.