Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Can we ever call certain V’s?

z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
So V is 60 year old middle eastern guy who plays a good amount of hands but post is usually very nitty. I have never seen him straight up bluff. Maybe blocker bets now and again.

So game is 5/5 V 1k H covers

4 limps to me on button. I call with A432 nut spades and diamonds. Blinds check V is SB.

Flop(35): AdTh5s V bets 30. Folds to me I call.

Turn (95):4s. V tank checks. H bets 100 (nobody corrects). V calls

River (295): Kd for a final board of AT54K

V bets 225. H?

So I think V continues betting turn with KQJx and probably all sets as well. I think he is check calling all sets and 2 pairs no matter the price. Now on river I don’t see how he can have QJ that often but I also don’t see him bluffing this river much. I also think he doesn’t block bet with this sizing often

So if I fold here I’m folding absoloutely everything, against a V I’ve never seen bluff is that ok?
Tagged:

Comments

• MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    edited March 2018
    This hand is in the wrong forum. I'm not even sure what Omaha variant were playing here. PLO High? If so, fold pre. We'll hardly ever flop strong enough to go past a single street.

This is a monster PLO8 hand though.
  • z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
    Sorry guys though I posted this in the plo forum
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 302Subscriber
    I’m not sure why he can’t have QJ that often here. It’s a limped pot and he’s in the blind. He could be leading QJT5 or AQJ5 OTF. QJT5 especially is a candidate for tank checking the turn.

I think this is a fold given your knowledge of the V bc he can see two different straights out there, and there is no reason to lead $225 unless he’s not scared of them. Yes super exploitive, but if he seriously sees Broadway come in and says “I’m going to move this guy off of all his sets and a wheel”, while betting that you didn’t make Broadway yourself; then you don’t know this guy like you think you do.