Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

river bluff sizing

1/2 $5 bring in. Hero's stack eff $500. Image nit. V1 on btn pretty wide pre, seems competent post. V2 in BB loose passive.

Folds to H in HJ 7765ddss raise to 20, V2 btn calls, SB folds, V1 in BB calls.

Flop ($60) 844dd. Ch, H 45, both call.
Turn ($195) 8. Checked thru. I can't imagine I can rep this.
River offsuit K. V1 checks. The front door diamonds missed but it would seem like no one has an 8 and I can rep all kinds of hands with a K. So all I want to do is fold out mid PP that called flop, and higher FD. Does this make sense?
Tagged:

Comments

• z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
    I don’t think this would be a river I’m bluffing. I doubt a 4 folds for anything other than pot and an 8 will not fold. Depending on players a K may call as well. You’re blocking a lot of draws with your own hand. So I’d give up. If we were gonna bluff river I think we’d have to bet turn
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 302Subscriber
    Yeah this is a Bluff you can get away with in NLH but here you’re going to bet out very little given you checked the turn.
  • CycleV Posts: 1,141Subscriber
    Yeah I'm a HE player learning PLO, the spot looked good to me. Guess not! I bet $100 and the passive guy looked me up with raggedy aces. Tx for the feedback.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 775Subscriber
    I agree with Terp and Z7, that this is not a good river to bluff. You basically only rep KKxx and K4xx.

OTF, the button is likely to call with a wide range that includes overpairs, 4xxx, and flush draws. He probably raises with 84xx, but could slowplay 88xx. V2's calling range from the BB is much more narrow, and heavy on 4xxx. I think he would often x/r with 88xx or 84xx. So, neither Villain figures to have that many 8's in their range. Thus, I think you can actually bet the turn if you want to bluff this hand. It will sandwhich the button between you and the BB forcing him to fold out most of his range and put a lot of pressure on the 4xxx hands in BB's range since you can easily have an 8xxx. (If BB is the type to call down with a 4xxx anyways, I wouldn't do this.)

Then, if your turn bluff gets call, you can decide whether to bluff the river or vbet small if you make your hand.