Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Getting Back to the Forum

I'm a recreational player in Socal. Primarily play 2/3NL, $300 cap in L.A., and some 1/3, $300 cap and 2/3 $400 cap in San Diego County. Poker is a hobby - as a result I only get to play someehere in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 hours a week. I've been a CLP subscriber since the beginning and up until the past few months have been a slight winning player (puts gas in my car).

Since about the middle of last year, I've been stuck in this awful rut where it seems that I'm eating like a bird and shitting like an elephant. At first, I attributed it to variance. But after taking beat after beat after beat and not getting my big hands paid off, I'm beginning to think bad luck has morphed into bad play. When I watch some of the Youtubers (some also subscribers here), I tilt watching them scooping pots in situations where I'm getting beat.

My plan to right the ship is to re-commit myself to the forums and to post one hand a week (will read others). My only request - don;t flame me!

If you're interested, I keep a blog as a study aid as well: http://pokerperdition.blogspot.com/

IM me if you're interested in chatting off the tables.

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,413AdministratorLeadPro
    I would definitely try to change your mindset. There is no reason why Poker vloggers winning pots should tilt you. But good luck and keep us posted. Bart
  • CycleV Posts: 679Subscriber
    Hi Glenn: I hear ya about sometimes getting frustrated watching the YTers. I'm like, how the heck can I get into their games with clueless V's. But in the end, those feelings don't do us any good. Just think about the winters in St Louis and that should make you happy you are where you are. ;)
  • GlennJones Posts: 93Subscriber
    Bart said:
    I would definitely try to change your mindset. There is no reason why Poker vloggers winning pots should tilt you. But good luck and keep us posted. Bart
    Yes - you're right. Sounds like a little entitlement on my part. Saw you at the Bike last night. Next time I'll stop and introduce myself.

• fishcake Posts: 854Subscriber
    Hey. I was sitting next to Bart at 5/10 probably the night you were there. Come say hi. I wear a Bike hat. Easy to recognize.
  • GlennJones Posts: 93Subscriber
    fishcake said:
    Hey. I was sitting next to Bart at 5/10 probably the night you were there. Come say hi. I wear a Bike hat. Easy to recognize.
    Lots of people wear Bike hats. :cool: Next time I'm in I'll look for you.

As mentioned, I'm purely a recreational player. Usually only play on weekend nights.