Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Couple of "quick-hitter" PLO questions

PLO 2-2, 600 cap. Mostly loose passive table.

1. I'm in HJ, 8 handed, utg $5 straddle is on. AK J9 . 2 limps to me. CO, BTN, and SB all passive, the rest of the table is average. Stacks vary, around 3-400 for most, I cover all. Is this a raising hand or just a limp along hand?

2. QJ 93. I'm on the BTN, limped around. Is this even a $2 hand?
Well i limped it, 11-teen ways to the flop, prob $15 in middle. Q95hh. couple checks, MP bets $10, next to act very tight kid raises to $30. Both have about $100 behind.

Tagged:

Comments

• FreeLunch Posts: 1,282Pro
    1.Most games at those stakes raising is not about folding people out - they dont fold, so we want hands with high showdown value and playability. This hand has that. I would raise.

2. Im folding pre - even with best position good 3 card hands fine - 2 card hands forget it . as played fold. that many players somone has you killed almost all the time

• CycleV Posts: 568Subscriber
    Thank you for these Free. Esp the rationale with #1, it gives me something conceptually to work with.
  • z7 Posts: 218Subscriber
    Yeah raise hand 1. Build value against worse.
    Same reasons as freelunch
    Hand 2. I try as much as I can though fail sometimes when I’m annoyed and really weak players in the game -that if I’m going to play 3 card hands it can’t have a gap. So qj93 fold QJT3 call. With this specific hand the gap realllllly hurts. In other hands less so but it still hurts.
  • CycleV Posts: 568Subscriber
    z7 said:
    Hand 2. I try as much as I can though fail sometimes when I’m annoyed and really weak players in the game -that if I’m going to play 3 card hands it can’t have a gap. So qj93 fold QJT3 call. With this specific hand the gap realllllly hurts. In other hands less so but it still hurts.
    Yeah it was one of those games where people were limping all kinds of crap, and I know I'm supposed to stay disciplined but combo of btn plus cheap, I couldn't help myself.
  • DrSpace Posts: 708Subscriber
    Hand one is really close given the gaps and suit distribution -- could go either way
    A ♣️ K ♦️ J ♣️ 9 ♦️ I def open as it coolers the K high flush draw. PLO is so subtle yet played by goons. The irony.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,404Subscriber
    Raising AKJ9ds is a no brainer mandatory play in live plo. We can and will get called by much worse preflop. Also -- we dominate so many hands that will put in lots of chips post flop with inferior hands/draws. Please raise / 3bet this hand pre.