Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Repeated problem? / limp reraise

EL_Papi Posts: 3Subscriber
edited April 16 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
First time poster here.

Hey everyone, so I am unsure if this is the right place to ask or if the answer has already been answered. If so, may you please direct me to the appropriate link.

I’m primarily a cash player, but have been trying to dabble more and more into the tourney scene. I have two scenarios and unsure if I should make them separate post or if this is okay.

Anyway, here it goes:

Scenario 1 4/12/18
Borgata 1 Mill guarantee Spring Poker Open

The way table dynamic was going I thought a limp wouldn’t get through.

Day 1 (15BB eff) I’m UTG QhQc And I Limp in

UTG+2,MP1,CO (all limp & I started getting worried my move wasn’t going to work here lol) & Button shoves for 17BB. SB folds, & BB tank calls it off & I shove rest of my Stack in the middle while everyone else folds. Should I just be opening here most of the time instead? Is this a bad play? In case anybody wants to know
Hero - QhQc
Button - QdJc
BB - AQss
228r(8 was a spade) and 7s 4s so busto for runner runner flush. All input is appreciated

Scenario 2
SugarHouse little rush Day 2 4/15/18
(similar move)

This time I don’t know anyone at our table so zero HH. We just sat down to start at 12pm & I was knocked out by 1204. 2nd hand into Day 2 for us. We get it aipf.

(38BB eff)
Hero UTG limp KK
Villain (biggest stack at table with 60BB)
UTG +1 raise to 3.5BB , folds around to me
3bet to 7.5BB, villain 4bet to 15BB, put me in a weird spot stack size wise, but obv only hand I’m behind against is AA so I 5bet Jam and villain snaps turns over AA board JAJQ9 (actually got the Royal redraw lol)

Anyway, the question i have here is whether or not I should have some type of folding frequency here or not? I get it, it’s Kings, but I also really don’t know the answer to this question. We were 50 away from the money and I had a healthy stack if that’s anything to take into consideration.

Last question, do we (this site) have some type of calling off / shove range chart based on position (Blind vs Blind, Button vs Blind, UTG vs UTG+2, etc) and stack depth to study / review? Or is that me asking for a lot?

Also, for anyone who would like to follow, my ig is “Poker_Papi”. I don’t post too much, but definitely try to stay as active as I can on my story as much as possible. There are a few subs in which we follow one another so figured I’d just put mine out there. Thanks for the input.

Comments

• EL_Papi Posts: 3Subscriber
    edited April 16
  • CycleV Posts: 453Subscriber
    It's not just for live play, but I recommend the book Kill Everyone, regarding push/fold stuff.

As for the hands, QQ at 15BB is a cooler, KK vs AA is a cooler. So stop being coolered is the advice? ;) Srsly, never folding these spots.
    by 1EL_Papi
  • EL_Papi Posts: 3Subscriber
    CycleV said:
    It's not just for live play, but I recommend the book Kill Everyone, regarding push/fold stuff.

As for the hands, QQ at 15BB is a cooler, KK vs AA is a cooler. So stop being coolered is the advice? ;) Srsly, never folding these spots.
    Thanks I’ll check this book out