Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 118: Podcast concepts in action II

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live PLO Podcast No. 42 "When It All Goes Wrong version 2.0"

BartBart Posts: 5,019AdministratorLeadPro
TerpHimself is back to examine hands where once again he thinks he made correct decisions, and it all when up in flames.

Episode posts Monday April 16th, at 11:00am.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/when-it-all-goes-wrong-version-2.0

Tagged:

Comments

• DrSpace Posts: 610Subscriber
    edited April 17
    @TerpHimself

Terp, on your last hand I think we bet half pot on the turn and block the river for 1/3-1/4 pot. The 1/2 pot bet may also induce a raise on occasion or a protection bet/raise from the rare value combos. While our particular combo likes to pot the turn deeper and shallower, the given SPR has us making mistakes on the river as we don't really know the bluff frequency. Because we have the K ♥️ we can safely fold a block bet getting raised on the river. As you say the villain has a lot of ♠️ draws and we can safely ✔️ fold those often too. I think a strategy like this will be higher EV vs many villain strategies. We also keep weaker hands in the villains range. We might even bluff ♥️ on straight cards if we get a good read.
  • RizenRizen Posts: 57Subscriber
    Don’t like the c/c river line on the last hand. These spots are super polarized especially when a villain verbally says “pot”. I think this is a check/fold. $900 is still a “big bet” SS PLO and I just don’t see enough villains with he heart to bluff here at a high enough frequency