Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Learning plo8

z7 Posts: 225Subscriber
So 2 hands. I have no plo8 experience so thoughts on all streets appreciated.
2/3 5 bring in
Hand 1. UTG+2 opens to 10. 2 callers Sb (fairly horrendous player) calls I call with QQ32 spades and clubs in B.B.

Flop 5 ways(50) 9s3d2s. Sb checks H checks? Checks to button who bets 50. Sb calls I call? 2 folds.

Turn (200) Kh. Sb check I check button bets 200 (50 behind) Sb calls (1kbehind I cover) H calls?

River (800) 2x Sb checked dark. H bets 300?

Thoughts?

Hand 2. 2 limps H has AQ72 nut diamonds in HJ. H raises 25. Blinds fold limpers call.

Flop (80) Ac9h6h. Checks to H and H checks?

Turn (80)8d. 1 check V bets 80 ( 1k behind I cover) H calls? Other player folds.

River (240) Qc. Giving H top 2. V bets 200. H has no idea what to do throughout the whole hand and folds. Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Beatsme Posts: 587Subscriber
    Hand 1:
    Pre i like a call here.

IMO the overcall otf is questionable at best. When we call how do we proceed ott and river? its going to be hard to play no matter what comes ott and river if we are facing bets. even with no more bets going in our equity cant be that good against 2 players. bottom 2 pair with no low draw doesnt play very well against 2 people imo.

Facing heavy action ott im def folding.

OTR i don't know i guess a bet is good. that is prob the best card we could have hoped for. A2 would prob check this back but call a bet.

Hand 2:
    I dont know how deep you are but i prefer a smaller raise pre flop to like 15-20. I think it invites more players in who will play any 4 to a small raise. (all depends on table dynamics)

Flop: Not what we were looking for. I like a check back
    (We are looking for QLL... 7LL... nut low plus fd... flops where we can make 2 way hands)

Turn: I fold the turn. May seem nitty but i think thats the way you have to play this game. calling 80 to (hopefully) win 40 with 1 pair.

River: Now you can see the reason 1 way hands suck when the low is out there. You basically have to put up 280 to win 40. I avoid this river spot by just folding the turn.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,975AdministratorLeadPro
    edited April 2018
    HAND 1:

Preflop is a fairly standard call.

FLOP is a fold. You can't over call with bottom two and a queen high flush draw here once someone else calls in between. You are draw at third nut flush with a two low board out there and bottom fullhouse. Say for example 7 comes on turn then what? Fairly common mistake but definitely a fold. If you were HU, you can call but proceed with caution. You have to fold to a low card.

TURN: Same thing even more so.

RIVER: Definitely a check and evaluate. You cant lead here with bottom fullhouse when you rarely have bluffs. Guy can easily have 99, KK, 33, 92 etc AND he may bet a missed draw like A45. This is exactly the same as in PLO high for the most part. You arent really betting a whole lot here vs someone with the betting lead when you make the worst fullhouse (although its going to be very rare you ever make deuces full of threes in PLO high).

HAND 2:

PREFLOP: After 2 limps this could be played as a raise or a limp along. if you are inexperienced I dont mind limping along. Suited A2 with a paint and backup is powerful, if you have suited A2 + wheel and paint you should be raising for value. If it got folded to you in HJ I would definitely raise.

FLOP: Check is fine for the most part. If I had the A I would probably bet.

TURN: My god did you not turn nut diamonds here? This is a fold every single time. You have a 27 low, and AQ high with a two flush out there that you don't have and a straightening board. If you turned nut diamonds you could call at this stack depth because if you make diamonds on the river, you can pot river when checked to and force your opponent off of half.

RIVER: At this point I suppose that this is a call as the villain can be betting any 23 or 24 type of hand with a worse high. also if he somehow has A57 you win half. Understand the math however. You are calling $200 to win $120, you have to lay a price. So you have to be good for one side here about 65% of the time. Hopefully he doesnt have 57+2, 5 or 57+3 OR JT+ a low better than 27.

I hope you didn't all and muck your hand when he announced 57 for a straight!
  • BartBart Posts: 5,975AdministratorLeadPro
    Beatsme said:
    Hand 1:

OTR i don't know i guess a bet is good. that is prob the best card we could have hoped for. A2 would prob check this back but call a bet.

Button is not going to have very many A2 type hands here unless it's A245 or A2 + low plus nut flush draw.

Bart
  • Beatsme Posts: 587Subscriber
    Bart said:
    Beatsme said:
    Hand 1:

Button is not going to have very many A2 type hands here unless it's A245 or A2 + low plus nut flush draw.

Bart

Yeah i see that now. Button was driving the action.
    A24x A25x prob check back the turn