Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

TT in late stage.

go8l1n Posts: 1Subscriber
Hi, so I recently played this £90+10 tournament and I had a hand (at least one) where I didn't really know what to do.

We have 8 players at the table and I am at UTG+1 villain is on Button. Villain is quite regular LAG who likes to play his draws quite aggressively.

There are 16 players left (10 players get paid) and blinds are 3 000/6 000 with antes 500. We both have similar stacks, around 150k close to average stack.

So UTG folds I look at T T and open to 15k, action folds to Button who 3bets to 42k. Now I'm not completely sure what to do in this situation, I reckon his 3bet range would be about 99+, AJ+, suited broadways. I decide to call so pot is now 97k and we both have about 110k left behind.

Flop comes 9 7 4

I check, villain bets 45k. I don't think that I can fold this hand on this flop so I move all in. Question is more considering pre-flop, since I don't think that we ever folding TT on this flop. Would you go all in or fold pre-flop with 25BB?

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,755Subscriber
    I'm probably 3bet jamming TT 25 BBs deep and not losing any sleep over it.
    by 1CycleV
  • bigsixy26 Posts: 7Subscriber
    If you put him on that exact range, then you only crush one hand - 99. Everything else is a flip or has your crushed. Folding preflop may sound bad but playing this out of position is tough given the odds at least one over card is coming. I do agree that a preflop shove is a better option than just the call.
  • alambic49 Posts: 87Subscriber
    Is the perceived range accurate though? No 3bet light from Vilain ever? A5s for example? Or 87s?

Considering it is possible, I would 4bet jam PF.
    by 1CycleV
  • Jack7777 Posts: 647Subscriber
    Jam pre. The hard part is being oop, You just have to make the right play and forget about it. If you do that every time, you win.
  • Fletch23 Posts: 112Subscriber
    This is really read dependent. At this stage in a tourney, a lot of people 3B light just expecting to take it down right there. Has he done that before? Has he seen you fold to a 3B before? All of that will help you determine his range.

If his history and image are such that there’s a good chance he’s 3B light, Id just shove with your stack size.

If he’s hasn’t been 3B much, then his range is a lot tighter. You can fold.

You can’t call with this stack size IMO, not OOP.
  • SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 36Member
    Against a lag player 3betting otb i 4b jam this all day long.
    The mistake in the hand is your call pre. With your stack its either jam or fold.