Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 raise for value otr with AA 3way?

SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 69Subscriber
Hero is sitting on the table for 20 minute.Stack 250€.
V1 has 190€
V2 has 230€

V1 limps utg, V2 limps utg+1, hero raises to 12 (my standard pfr is 8€+2€ for every limper) with A A , both call.

Flop (39€) 8 7 5

V1 and V2 check, hero checks back.

Turn (39€) 8 7 5 J

V1 leads 15, V2 calls, hero calls.

River (84€) 8 7 5 J 7

V1 leads 22, V2 calls. HERO?

I checked back for pot control and to under rep my hand.
Is there any point in raising turn or river?
Is my line too passive or is it ok because of being 3way?

Comments

• Donkey2K18 Posts: 5Subscriber
    You block the NFD, so makes their range very Jx heavy the way the hand played out. I don't think you need to raise very large here, but definitely see a raise for value to around $55 targeting J10-KJ.
  • CycleV Posts: 910Subscriber
    Donkey2K18 said:
    You block the NFD, so makes their range very Jx heavy the way the hand played out. I don't think you need to raise very large here, but definitely see a raise for value to around $55 targeting J10-KJ.
    It all depends on your player pool, but in my game, on a board with flushes, straights, and boats all possible, very few people are calling with TP4K.

Just bet the flop. Yeah, there are some sets and 2p, pretty unlikely straghts. But there's also FD, SD, pair+SD, and other PP that will call a bet.

A general word of advice imo: in lol live low stakes, stop trying to underrep your hand. Bet for value, bet hard. Furthermore, the more multiway a pot is, the more straightforward you have to play it. HU, if you insist on getting creative it won't be the worst time, as long as you have a V who will bluff into perceived weakness. 3 or more V's, just bet your hand. 2 V's like here, it's such a wet board and you can get called by a million worse hands.
  • pokergal72 Posts: 52Subscriber
    I don't like the check on the flop. Prefer a larger bet of 30/35. Get value from FD, SD, Pair plus draw, and over pairs to the board. I'm leaning towards a bet on the turn too, plenty that you can still get value from. Probably check back river.

As played I think you can call or put in a small raise on river. His bets looks like a blocker bet but people are so fishy at this limit it could be straight that's worried about a flush so he's block betting. Your check on the flop makes it very hard to define his hand.
  • Fletch23 Posts: 112Subscriber
    edited June 2018
    I am all for controlling the pot size with one pair hands instead of building big humongous pots, but....

I think you need to bet the flop to see if you can get one of them out of there. A free card is even worse when there are two hands for it to hit.

A good line here is bet the flop and maybe check back the turn depending what happens.

As for underrepping your hand, you only have one pair. It’s not like there’s much room to let someone catch up without passing you. If you flop top set or something, that’s more of a time to slowplay.
  • SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 69Subscriber
    I agree with u guys that i should bet flop. There are so many hands i can get value from.
    I think i should also bet turn but check river behind if we are still 3way.
    V1 had AJo and V2 QJo. Both with no spade.