Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Advice for my Millionaire maker day 2

alambic49 Posts: 87Subscriber
edited June 10 in Las Vegas and WSOP
Hi clp community,

I played day 1A of the Millionaire maker today and bagged chips.

I am coming back to day 2 with only 19k chips, which will be 19bb. I need your advice:
-for day 1a, we were 3050 entrants. We played down to 458. Let's see what happens on day 1b but I expect the money bubble to be extremely close. While I know the big money is on the final table, I would love to cash. Should I employ a fold everything strategy or almost strategy and can expect to be paid on day 2? Or too risky?
- also, do you know if there is a way to find the list of all players who moves to day 2 with their chip counts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Jack7777 Posts: 648Subscriber
    edited June 11
    Good for you!! Later tonight, they will list the chip counts. They will also show table assignments, at least they have done it before. Sitting there to min cash is a possible goal, your choice. There will be blinds and antes, you can figure out how many orbits you would last if you just didn't show up. Or if you left the table and just railed your stack sitting there trying to cash.

Or maybe you could grow a pair and try to double up.

I had a bad WSOP this year, no cashes. I have played the MM three times now and cashed two times. Both times when I cashed, I lost with the best starting hand. I had AKo vs AQo to get busted the first time. Last year I had QQ vs TT to bust out with 90K and close to the third day.

Sometimes I think, when I had 90K I could have just sat there and I would have made day three. I would have probably cashed a couple of thousand more. But I have absolutely no regrets. I bet you had a lot of fun today. If I was you, I would get plenty of rest and be patient. Nineteen bigs is not that bad. You can actually bet instead of just shove. You already know you can play the game because you lasted until tomorrow. My advice is to go in there and play poker. Be patient.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,185AdministratorLeadPro
    Hey @alambic49, check in the morning for you're seat assignment and table draw. Do a little research on the players at your table through Hendonmob. Their career earnings are a guide to their experience as a player.

Bart
  • alambic49 Posts: 87Subscriber
    Thanks all. Found everything I need and seems we come back on day 2 in the money
  • alambic49 Posts: 87Subscriber
    Jack7777 said:
    Good for you!! Later tonight, they will list the chip counts. They will also show table assignments, at least they have done it before. Sitting there to min cash is a possible goal, your choice. There will be blinds and antes, you can figure out how many orbits you would last if you just didn't show up. Or if you left the table and just railed your stack sitting there trying to cash.

Or maybe you could grow a pair and try to double up.

I had a bad WSOP this year, no cashes. I have played the MM three times now and cashed two times. Both times when I cashed, I lost with the best starting hand. I had AKo vs AQo to get busted the first time. Last year I had QQ vs TT to bust out with 90K and close to the third day.

Sometimes I think, when I had 90K I could have just sat there and I would have made day three. I would have probably cashed a couple of thousand more. But I have absolutely no regrets. I bet you had a lot of fun today. If I was you, I would get plenty of rest and be patient. Nineteen bigs is not that bad. You can actually bet instead of just shove. You already know you can play the game because you lasted until tomorrow. My advice is to go in there and play poker. Be patient.
    Thanks for the good advice man! I shall be patient for sure. My stack is good for squeeze shove. That's gonna be the plan when I find a spot! Hope I have a blast today, day 1 was loads of fun!
  • RecreationalRogerRecreationalRoger Posts: 737Subscriber
    wtf is the post directly above? is it really a spam ad for counterfeit currency?
    back to our original topic , gl alambic49