Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 3bet pot multi-way pot with MP

ClockClock Posts: 1,062Subscriber
Same V as http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/discussion/13408/2-5-we-3bet-kq-and-turn-trips-river-play
and http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/discussion/13336/2-5-flop-set-as-pfr-river-boat

~1K effective with V
V in EP r to 25, 2 callers LP and SB (both horrible), HERO in BB with A 9 3bet to 130 V calls quickly 1st caller calls, 2nd caller AI for 80
Flop (470) K 9 6 HERO checks (any reason to bet?) V checks, other caller checks
Turn (470) 5 HERO? checks... V bets 250, caller folds...back to HERO???

Tagged:

Comments

• Piggy Posts: 39Subscriber
    If V is calling 3! with shit like Q7o, I don’t like the light 3! Keep the 3! to merged value only. I’m thinking 99+, AJ+
  • MonadPrimeMonadPrime Posts: 803Member
    Call now. Call the river too.
  • CycleV Posts: 634Subscriber
    OTF I actully think you can get plenty of worse hands to call. If he's a Q7o type of guy, there's lot of gutshot/gs with overs types of hands that will call, along with worse 9x. But I'm not terribly excited about getting into a very bloated pot with a marginal hand, so I understand the flop check.

Def calling the turn, he can still have anything.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,062Subscriber
    So does the fact that one guy is AI (albeit for a bit less) change anything about the way we think about V in this spot?
  • CycleV Posts: 634Subscriber
    Clock said:
    So does the fact that one guy is AI (albeit for a bit less) change anything about the way we think about V in this spot?
    I used to think yes, but I just see so much donkey shite that it doesn't mean much. Plus the AI was pre, so V getting you to fold some weak made hands does make it a decent outcome if you fold.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,062Subscriber
    Spoiler:

I thought 4-way, with a (semi) protected pot on top it was just too strong for him to be betting here, but maybe it was a mistake to give him so much credit.
    I folded and V showed 7 4 and lost the main pot to 77 of the shortie.

• pocket11s Posts: 103Subscriber
    edited June 21
    Clock said:
    Spoiler:

I thought 4-way, with a (semi) protected pot on top it was just too strong for him to be betting here, but maybe it was a mistake to give him so much credit.
    I folded and V showed 7 4 and lost the main pot to 77 of the shortie.

I see this kind of nonsense all the time.. donkeys betting you out of a protected pot with rubbish.. super tilting

• hustlin Posts: 152Subscriber
    Ahh if you 3bet pre what is your plan w A9s?? This board smacks your 3beting range. I like a flat pre w ur hand.

As played it’s an easy cbet. U can win hand out right, protect your equity, and you may have the best hand. Rep the K. Makes this a mandatory bet on flop.

As played you got to call him at least 1st. Hope to get to showdown