Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Uncapped 1/2 OP+OE ott

Very loose ucapped 1/2 table.
Hero sitting at the table for 3 hours. Got coolered flush over flush, running bad and card dead and didnt play a hand in the past hour. Should have a really tight image but like always nobody cares. Stack 220€.

Villain MAWG. Recreational. Bought in for 100€. Not much info. Is up now 200€. So stack 300€.

Hero raises in LJ to 10€ with TT, villain calls in HJ, CO, BTN and SB also call.

Flop (52€) 982r
Sb checks, hero 35€, villain in hj calls, co folds, btn and sb call

Turn (192€) 9827 completes rainbow
Checked to villain who bets 120€, everybody folds.
Hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• CycleV Posts: 634Subscriber
    Do you have Equilab? Free program for calc'ing equity. This seems like a straightforward number crunching exercise. Only thing I can add is when figuring your pot odds, I'd definitely include your remaining 55, he's never folding if you shove the river. So the awkward stack size gives us a much better price: if we decide we hav the equity, we only have to call 120 knowing all 175 remaining will get paid.

As a thought exercize, if we are V, we either should have at least clicked back the flop (if we have 2p+) to set up an easy turn shove, or shoved turn anyway--it's still easy but psb's in low stakes, some people think they are too scary.
  • JLBJ Posts: 75Subscriber
    Oof. Tough spot. You block JT but unfortunately block hands you want him to have like T9, T8 and T7.

Seems like you’re getting about the right price, but sometimes you improve and still lose.

If you follow the theory that the average 1-2 player doesn’t make a bet over $100 without having it, just fold since you’re not deep enough to actually play the river. Makes life a lot simpler.
  • pokergal72 Posts: 50Subscriber
    I'd call. You block JT and have equity against a lower made straight and 2 pair. Plus, there's a good chance you have the best hand here. I see people bet a 9 in this spot all the time. A9, K9, Q9, J9, T9. Call and evaluate river.
  • pokergal72 Posts: 50Subscriber
    Oops, just realized you will only have 55 left. I probably just get it in here. You have a lot of equity and may have the best hand. You can't call 120 on turn and then fold for 55 more. There's just too many 9x possibilities for v.
  • SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 54Member
    Against 22, 88, 99, JT, 65, 76, 98 we have around 25% ott. And ya the turn decision is for the whole stack. The guy was kinda passive. Dont think he would raise 98 or a set on this dry flop. I also thought about A9, K9...but dont think he would bet 120 ott after everybody called flop. I actually thought otf that somebody has to have a set.
    I think JJ+ is a much easier fold here although villain will have trash sometimes. But having TT here and blocking the nuts...its kinda difficult.
    By the numbers (having around 25%) i should fold. But not sure...