Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Tricky hand utg

Beatsme Posts: 499Subscriber
edited June 14 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5
7 handed
Button straddle to 10
I make it 25 K J from sb (950 behind)
Field player calls
Nick in co calls (covers) young splashy player... we dont have much history
button calls (800ish behind) loose but respects my game lots of history

Flop (95) 9 8 4
I lead 60
Nick calls
button calls

Turn (275) J
Hero?

Whats your thoughts on my line so far? Pre and flop ok?

Comments

• CycleV Posts: 568Subscriber
    Pre: 25 over a 10 straddle gets no folds or respect in my game, just asking to go MW or get 3bet. 35-40 if you're gonna raise.

I don't like the flop bet at all. 2 V's, hits their range, lets them float and use position. If an offsuit 2 came, are we gonna keep firing with little equity? But now we've hit, and I guess we're hoping A9 calls a second barrel, or that someone has QJ?
  • JLBJ Posts: 60Subscriber
    It’s into three villains, right? Four-handed, this is a check and give up on flop for me.

Now that you’ve gotten to the turn, I would check and evaluate. If you bet the turn and get called, it’s going to be tough to play the river no matter what comes, with a marginal hand in a bloated pot.
  • Beatsme Posts: 499Subscriber
    edited June 14
    [quote="CycleV;111865
    I don't like the flop bet at all. 2 V's, hits their range, lets them float and use position. If an offsuit 2 came, are we gonna keep firing with little equity? But now we've hit, and I guess we're hoping A9 calls a second barrel, or that someone has QJ? [/quote]

Yeah I thought flop was really close. In game I decided to bet only because the flop had a in it. If it did not this is a flop I would check give up on.

My plan for the turn was to fire again only if I improve or pick up a bdfd.

When I hit my J ott. Im targeting T9 T8 JT QJ type hands when I bet.
  • pokergal72 Posts: 49Subscriber
    Preflop raise should be larger. I think 40 is pretty standard here. Flop is a check. You're oop with 3 opponents. If it checks through I'd bet the turn for value. You can get called by worse jacks, and lots of pair plus straight draws. If the flop checks to button and button bets, I may float with the overs and backdoor equity since the other 2 players shouldn't really have anything.
  • Fletch23 Posts: 112Subscriber
    I don’t like playing KJs from EP at all. Especially not in what is going to be a big pot. You aren’t going to be able to play it well unless you hit the flop pretty hard. The draws you may flop are tough to play OOP.
  • Beatsme Posts: 499Subscriber
    Looking back I'm thinking flop is prob more of a check in this spot... esp being oop.

Turn (275) J
    I bet 175
    Nick in the co calls

River (450) T
    Terrible card here.... I think it turns my hand in to a trivial check fold
    I check
    Nick Bets 250
    I fold