Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

F@#%C&*ING RIVER!

Hero raises to $15 preflop with J T. 3 callers. Flop Q 9:h: 8. V1 leads for $40, hero raises to $100, V2 cold calls, V1 calls. Turn A V1 goes all-in for $260-ish. Hero calls. V2 folds and shows the NFD. River A. V has 88 and I lose.

----------------

Hero limps 44 on the BTN behind other limpers. Flop AK4r. Someone bets $10, V calls, I call. Turn 5. There is a $25 lead, V calls, I raise to $75. Original leader folds, and V calls. River 3. V leads for $100. I call. V had 42 and I lose.

----------------

Hero raises to $7 in LP with 22. 6 callers. Flop KJ2. Hero bets $25, only V calls on BTN. Turn 5. Hero leads $60. V raises to $120. Hero goes all in (covers) and V calls for $275. River J. V had KJ and I lose.

Somehow I ended the session -175BB's which seems phenomenal given the above.

Comments

• SUYAPASUYAPA Posts: 53Member
    1. I would raise to ~140 although villain would still call. Runout just bad luck.
    2. Just calling and slowplaying otf is fine. But would also raise bigger to around 100 ott. Standard call otr. Unlucky the fish got there.
    3. Rainbow flop? 7 way i definitely bet 35-45 here. 60 ott is also too small.

Sizing in all 3 hands too small. But sizing would only change the outcome in hand 2 Unless villain would never ever fold pair+gs to any sizing.
  • RagingOwlRagingOwl Posts: 172Member
    I'm not sure this is really the forum for strat talk, but since we're going down that road, I seriously question your decision making process. I really haven't given enough information for you to offer any sensible critique of the hands.

Hand 1: I chose that sizing for value, and with the hope of keeping one of the other two players in the hand given such a soaking wet flop. Against the main villain, there would only be about pot-sized stacks remaining and two streets to play. No worries there. Maybe this is just results-oriented thinking, but I got cold called by the NFD and he agonized over the decision. I think a higher sizing would have lost him.

Hand 2: The guy who led out had a little bit of a short stack, maybe $130-ish, and I chose my sizing so that action would be open again for me if he jams over my raise and the Villain calls in between.

Hand 3: You might be right. But my actual intention here was to induce a raise, so I purposefully chose a small sizing. 7 players and a wet board, I assumed someone would aggressively protect a made top pair or two pair hand. Results show that not to be true, but I think the merits of the play are still open for analysis. However, that would require me to tell you alot about the players, table dynamics, and stack sizes. And I'm not sure this hand is that interesting.
    RagingOwl said:
    I'm not sure this is really the forum for strat talk, but since we're going down that road, I seriously question your decision making process. I really haven't given enough information for you to offer any sensible critique of the hands.
    I question yours too.
    Having the info about villains actions on the different boards and your hands is enough info to say that sizing is too small. But what ive seen so far in this forum from previous posts is that you are a bit sensible to critique which is a big leak for a poker player.

1. If you go bigger its obv for value too. And i said bigger because in my experience ppl jam a lot over big raises with fds when the raise is too big for them to just call which would be great in this spot. And overall donks dont like to fold to big bets with nfds.

3. I rarely see ppl aggressively protecting their TP hands. With 2 pair i see that a lot.
    edited July 5
    SUYAPA said:
    I question yours too.
    Great
    Having the info about villains actions on the different boards and your hands is enough info to say that sizing is too small.
    No it isn't. This is flat out wrong.
    But what ive seen so far in this forum from previous posts is that you are a bit sensible to critique which is a big leak for a poker player.
    I think you meant "sensitive", not sensible. And I'm not. I'm just not going to accept pointers from someone who can't possibly know what the fuck he's talking about.
    1. If you go bigger its obv for value too. And i said bigger because in my experience ppl jam a lot over big raises with fds when the raise is too big for them to just call
    You don't know what V2's stack size is. So how are you defining bets that are "too big to just call"? Furthermore, why is "your experience" even relevant? I was there. I had played with the guy for hours. I know how many chips he had. I knew his tendencies. Same goes for the 3rd V on this flop. I knew what might be called, and what probably wouldn't. Again, if I was looking for notes here, I'd post this hand in the strat forum. Why don't you go there and look for a fight?
    3. I rarely see ppl aggressively protecting their TP hands. With 2 pair i see that a lot.
    Pay more attention

WOW
    Weird how you overreact and go into full defense. Now i understand why u have this username. Go make some body workout to get rid of your anger.
    edited July 5
    SUYAPA said:
    WOW
    Weird how you overreact and go into full defense. Now i understand why u have this username. Go make some body workout to get rid of your anger.
    So what you're saying is that you're sorry for starting a strat debate in the BBV forum, and even more sorry for doing so with none of the requisite background information about the hand(s).

Got it. Apology accepted.
    U got it m8
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,146Subscriber
    What? This is typical for my sessions. I don't see the big deal.