Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Understanding our equity.

z7 Posts: 218Subscriber
So got into a spot here. I’ve probably been playing 20 hours at this point and the game went all night. V is somebody I’ve never seen before but hinted that he’s never really played plo and I sort of believed him. Old Asian guy.

So Pre not that important. I’m UTG +2 and make it 50 with AAQ6 double suited. Get 5 callers V on button.

Flop (300) K64 with 2 diamond H flops no suits. Checks to V on button V checks.

Turn 300: 6x giving hero trips A kicker. 3 checks H bets 125. Folds to V who tanks and pots it for 675 (has 200 back). Folds to H.

What do we think our equity is here? What do we put V on? If he has A6 then I’m getting free rolled. could be a really big free roll too if he had like A675 diamonds. If he has a full house I’m close to dead. If he’s bluffing he likely has a lot of equity.

What do we think our equity is here and are we shoving for V’s 200 back or folding?
Tagged:

Comments

• theroller Posts: 4Member
    edited July 11
    Trying to fold you off a low draw imo, which makes his range look like boats (KKJx) or non nut low draws + freerolls. Not in great shape against either of those.
  • z7 Posts: 218Subscriber
    Sorry I should have clarified, this is plo high only
  • iamallin Posts: 1,165SubscriberProfessional
    edited July 11
    You have 35% against

(64:25%, a6:25%) !kk!k6!44

If he is going with worse 6x with dd or straight draw back up
    .our equity goes up to 40%

Get it in imo

We need around 35% to break even
  • FreeLunch Posts: 1,271Pro
    So - and Im not looking at a calculator yet just talking it out live. I cant see many draw hands as the board pairing makes them a tiny part of V range at this point. Should not be a lot of bottom sets that are now full - but 5 callers anything can happen. We are toast vs KK and 5 handed with a 2 flush flop its not crazy that someone played KK that way - need to know the field. Vs other 6 we could be ahead sometimes, getting freerolled, or already be already vs a full in which case we dont have a lot of outs, and even if we are up vs a non full 6 they will have more outs to improve.

I would put a lot of weight on on player reads here as I there are not that many players that get tricky here. The V raised over a small lead from you - is there any reason to think he saw that as weakness? Seems more common he is thinking "good - someone has something - let me get it all the money".

You are only getting the right price vs a random 6, and weird draws that he cant have that many of. This is a good example of a hand where an equity calculator may give you a really bad answer (bad as in not useful) as you really need to reduce the combos of the things we have good equity against - I would put more 64 and 6k in than iamallin did, and I dont think you can have !kk!k6!44 as a range reducer enough of the time

I lean towards fold based on normal players only having cards here that crush us most of the time but would modify that based on reads. This also seems like a good variance reduction fold as its a pretty high variance/ev spot - so if that matters its a factor.

• z7 Posts: 218Subscriber
    So yeah I was pretty bummed when he raised. Though about it for a while. But because this guy wasn’t a plo player I started thinking about how a holdem player (probably a bad one) would arrive here.

Now I did exclude KK and K6. But 64 a possibility and maybe 44 but I think 44 is rare.

However if V had a naked 6, I think he would see it as the nuts and go with it. Although my range is just so much stronger than a naked 6 I don’t think he’s thinking about that at all. I still have KK k6 64 but again, V just thinks I have a trips. So cause of that I just shoved, didn’t love it. V had T876 and I take the pot.

I thought this after, is me always folding here really worth it? Cause the times he has this hand or some weird bluff me folding is a disaster. Still not sure about it ( I really wanted to fold but couldn’t)