Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/10 Flop monster EQ in 5 way pot...

ClockClock Posts: 1,097Subscriber
~1700 effective with main V who's OK player...I guess, nothing crazy, mostly plays 2/5.
~2-3K effective with other Vs who are not very strong players (one is total donk)

HERO (covers) opens UTG1 to 40 (standard open) with A 3 , MP (~1700) c, BU (donk) c, SB c, BB c
Flop (200): 2 4 7 SB x, BB x, HERO bets 150...
(Anybody likes a check here?)
...everybody calls LOL :???:
Turn (950): 4 SB x, BB x, HERO decides to x (any reason to bet?), MP bets 600,
BU tanks forever but folds, SB and BB folds also
HERO?
If we call, what's the plan for river?
Tagged:

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    I like the flop C-Bet. You need to bet hands like this so you can also bet your overpairs. Sucks you get called in all spots, but I still think it was the right call.

Turn is a bad card for you. Not just because you could have been outdrawn. But because now if you hit either of your draws your opponents will be less likely to pay off as they'll see the straight/flush AND full houses on board. I like the check 5 ways.

MP seems committed now. He has a half-pot behind. So I definitely don't like a shove, as you have no fold equity. I think you have enough odds to call though, as there's a chance your ace is good too. Definitely not bluffing if I miss, but valuebetting if I hit, including a small bet if I hit an ace.
    by 1CycleV
  • NickEarns Posts: 21Subscriber
    Flop bet, I like balancing your overpairs I think you could've even bet a little less?

The turn sucks for obvious reasons, you could always be drawing dead now however I only think there is 77's you have to worry about I personal don't see and A4ss/dd here

I think you fold if you miss, I don't like a call here. Maybe a bet fold, but if we hit Im valuing here.

( New to breaking down hands ignore me if I'm completely out of line, I just like to write what I think and compare it to other players who are better and see there lines)
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,298Subscriber
    Flop bet is fine. I'd bet less though. 3/4 is the same as 2/3 in effectively getting people to fold. It also leaves you room to bet the turn without over commitment and price your draw in yourself. Now why I would bet the turn. You only have 2 players behind you. Decent man and fish. What is the chance the fish has the 4x hand? Not very likely. The blinds checked and it is now more likely they don't have the 4x hand on this board. So what is MPs most likely holdings? An overpair. So now he feels safe and bombs it. But this is just an opinion. Betting the turn also depends on the villains. If this was 1/2 I would NOT bet the turn because I know with 100% certainly one of these idiots has a 4x hand and are slowing of afraid someone else has a better 4x hand. But at this stake you can weigh the stupidity down some.

So as played. Your ace is probably good. You have 12 more outs = 15. So this is a call getting direct odds. I just don't think he has a boat here ever with that sized bet.

The river hits you just bet it something that a JJ hand will pay off relative to your hand. If it's an Ace you need to tone it down some. If it's a wheel tone it up some. If its a flush somewhere between where the pots too big to fold in their eyes. And even if 20% of the time you have fewer outs it means 11 outs total in the worst case when he has A4. Your ace is no good and a 2 is no good. You are getting 2.5:1 and with 11 outs you need to get paid another .75:1 for a minor profit. Easy.

As for the flop calls. I thought your WTF face icon was perfect.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,097Subscriber
    edited August 2018
    Spoiler:

I put V on some 1P (most likely some PP) type of hand and I decided that I have way too much EQ.
    Being OOP plus my line def can look like a big OP, so I thought should have FE as well, so I decided to x/shove.

V was visibly upset and said "I did it to myself :frown: but "w/e I call" called pretty quickly with A7s and I bricked :yell:

After he called so quickly with hand that's beating almost nothing, thinking/saying out loud that he's obviously behind, I started wondering if it was really a mistake...

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    Clock said:
    Spoiler:

I put V on some 1P (most likely some PP) type of hand and I decided that I have way too much EQ.
    Being OOP plus my line def can look like a big OP, so I thought should have FE as well, so I decided to x/shove.

V was visibly upset and said "I did it to myself :frown: but "w/e I call" called pretty quickly with A7s and I bricked :yell:

After he called so quickly with hand that's beating almost nothing, thinking/saying out loud that he's obviously behind, I started wondering if it was really a mistake...

Spoiler:
    Yeah, I didn't think he was deep enough for you to have any FE. Not surprised he called with A7 there once the board pairs.