Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 bomb pot

2/5 main game

We're playing $20 bomb pots on dealers 1st deal of their down.

Hero is in CO with AJo, 1100ish effective.
V1 late 20s/ealry 30s WG, generally seems kinda tight. He 3! Only 3x OOP from my LP open and 5! Shipped on me earlier with claimed AA. Nothing out of the ordinary other than that. He is SB and has like 1300ish
V2 is late 20s/early 30s WG reg or pro. He's pretty tight and pretty aggressive. When I've played with him before he tends to show up with good hands, but sample size is small. MP, over 2k

Flop (160): J32r

V1 leads 125 into the field
V2 tank calls

Hero?

Tagged:

Comments

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,450Subscriber
    what was preflop? I dont understand the preflop action.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,973AdministratorLeadPro
    Fuzzypup said:
    Its a bomb pot so everyone has random 2 card hands.

Where are the positions of the bets? I fold here, rather easily. I don't see you being good in this spot vs an early position lead out and a call next to act. Plus if they didn't lead from the blinds you still have three people left to act behind you. Bart
  • pokeromc Posts: 38Subscriber
    Bart said:
    Fuzzypup said:
    Its a bomb pot so everyone has random 2 card hands.

Where are the positions of the bets? I fold here, rather easily. I don't see you being good in this spot vs an early position lead out and a call next to act. Plus if they didn't lead from the blinds you still have three people left to act behind you. Bart
    sorry, i put their positions and stacks at the end of the description

V1 (SB) led for $125
    V2 (MP) called

only BTN was left to act and he was kinda nitty and i didn't expect him to continue without smashing the flop
  • BartBart Posts: 5,973AdministratorLeadPro
    Then I would definitely fold. I would have a hard time continuing with even 23 here. Bart
  • ohsnapzbrah Posts: 632Subscriber
    I'd fold. SB is generally tight. SB also has the worst position at the table, so it'd be suicide for him to attempt to run a bluff or value bet a hand like QJ.
  • pokeromc Posts: 38Subscriber
    thanks for the responses, i did fold but wasnt sure it was correct or not
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,121Subscriber
    I understand the logic behind the difference of a bomb pot (9 handed totally uncapped ranges) vs even very multi-way flop, but I often wonder this:
    What percentage of your typical 2/5 players actually understand this?
    I'm not sure, but intuitively, I want to assume that V will play his hand exactly same way as if it were a regular multi-way pot.

So for example, I would expect most rec villains to bet almost any Jx decent kicker here for protection just like they would normally.
    Again, I know that in this particular case we have to worry about the call and obviously the fact that both V have all OP and every single off-suited 2p in their range. So it may still be fold. I get all that...

Mainly I wonder if it's correct for us to make the assumption that Vs understand the nature of bomb pots and proper adjustments associated with it.

What does everybody think about this?