Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

check raise -shove or call and re-evaluate river?

292YBlock Posts: 94Subscriber
edited August 2018 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Maryland Live 1/3
Have about 450 Villain has me covered

MP1 Raises Pre-flop to 10
MP2 Calls
Hero SB Calls with Q10 HH

34 in pot

Flop is 10 7 2 all clubs

SB leads for 15
orignal raiser -MP1 folds
MP2 raises to 55
Hero calls
About 145 in pot

Turn is OS Q....interesting card...

Hero checks...Villiain bets $100....
Hero tanks...my thinking is if he hasn't flopped the flush..I"m either good, or maybe he has a hand like...KC10O...picked up a combo draw..something like that. Hero probably only looses to flopped flush or set.
Hero check raises all-in....

Thoughts...

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,989SubscriberProfessional
    Why did you lead the flop? We should likely be checking to the raiser with our entire range.

You never have a flush with this line, and even the fishiest of villains are going to know that. With the showdown-ish tendencies of players at 1/3, I'm probably calling here and then check/folding any river that doesn't boat me up. I can't imagine he's going to raise flop, bet turn, and bet river with a worse hand than yours on a monotone flop.
  • 292YBlock Posts: 94Subscriber
    I lead the flop to prevent a free card for those with clubs. After stepping back from the hand I realized the shove was a pretty poor move....but posted here to see what others might say. To be fair he did tank for a while with a Q9CC.....he kept saying I know you have AKCC...., think I have a pretty tight image..fortunately the very next hand I got it all in when I flopped the nut straight against another player...so two hands later I was back where I started and went on to have a very good session...such is the game!
  • RagingOwlRagingOwl Posts: 172Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm gonna try and get through this without sounding too harsh. But buckle up, 'cause this hand isn't pretty.

TL/DR: A strong case can be made for folding every time it was your turn.

preflop. 3bet or fold. You're just about deep enough, and your hand is strong enough. Make it $30 to go, or put your cards in the muck. Your weak-ish hand will be easier and more profitable to play from your terrible position if you have the betting lead.

Flop. We are done with this hand. Done. You've put $10 in. There's no reasonable way for you to win a significant amount of money here. The pot is tiny. Your equity is not huge. Don't go throwing good money after bad. If you think the guy is just auto-cbetting, then check/call and try to get to showdown and realize your equity.

Try to tune your mentality, and your approach to the game towards winning stacks, not pots. There's 11BB's in the middle and you're staring at an abyss of reverse-implied odds. Let this one go.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,298Subscriber
    dpbuck said:
    Why did you lead the flop? We should likely be checking to the raiser with our entire range. You never have a flush with this line, and even the fishiest of villains are going to know that.
    100% agree.... thus why I will occasionally lead the flop with my flush lol.
    dpbuck said:
    With the showdown-ish tendencies of players at 1/3, I'm probably calling here and then check/folding any river that doesn't boat me up. I can't imagine he's going to raise flop, bet turn, and bet river with a worse hand than yours on a monotone flop.
    He XRed not the fish and even if the fish did the fish has a set or a flush or the same hand. Fish just don't raise the flop and bet the turn $100 with nothing. $100 is pretty telling about his hand strength.

• 292YBlock Posts: 94Subscriber
    I can agree hand as played was ugly. Think this is valid as well: <<Try to tune your mentality, and your approach to the game towards winning stacks, not pots. There's 11BB's in the middle and you're staring at an abyss of reverse-implied odds. Let this one go.>>