Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AMA Episodes

FMCasual Posts: 8Subscriber
Bart, would you ever entertain having occasional "Ask me Anything" episodes? Rather than having people call-in, these could be based on a forum thread where you select the most interesting strategy questions, interspersed with occasional questions related to poker etiquette, your personal opinions etc.

These would allow a nice change in pace, while still having the content controlled, polished, efficient as a solo podcast.

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,239AdministratorLeadPro
    You mean for the regular podcast? Sure. I mean we could do an episode like that. It's been a while. IF you have some questions you can start here and I make a thread about it.

Bart
  • FMCasual Posts: 8Subscriber
    Bart said:
    You mean for the regular podcast? Sure. I mean we could do an episode like that. It's been a while. IF you have some questions you can start here and I make a thread about it.

Bart
    Okay, here's a few sample topics

- How has your regular 5/10 game most noticeably changed in the last few years?
    - What is the biggest change in your game you've made in that time? Alternatively, what's the largest belief (related to strategy) that you once held, but now think is wrong?
    - What's the worst angle or cheating incident you've witnessed first hand?
    - What's your most unpopular opinion?
    - What do you most dislike about poker, the poker community, etc. (what do you most like?)
    - Are you worried that rec players are losing interest in poker?
    - What's the most underrated trait, skill or practice that implementing can improve your poker game (could be anything from taking notes, to diet, game selection, etc.)
    - If you had to play for a living in a city other than Los Angeles, where would it be?
    - What's the worst episode of tilt or losing your cool that you've ever experienced?
    - Have you ever had any moral/ethical misgivings about the predatory nature of poker? (Like the insincerity of appeasing or pretending to be friends with fish who you would otherwise want nothing to do with)
    - Do you think online poker must inevitably die in the near future, given the rise of solvers, bots, and the fundamental inability for site's security programs to always stay ahead technologically?
    - What's the most degen thing you've ever done or witnessed first-hand?

• RecreationalRogerRecreationalRoger Posts: 743Subscriber
    FMCasual those are excellent questions, only left me with the below:

what do you think the state of the game will be in say 5-10 years (better/worse, plo does/doesnt take over, those types of things). And where do see yourself in 5-10 years compared to now - still grinding it at the tables vs. running your poker and restaurant empire?
    RecreationalRoger said:
    FMCasual those are excellent questions, only left me with the below:

what do you think the state of the game will be in say 5-10 years (better/worse, plo does/doesnt take over, those types of things). And where do see yourself in 5-10 years compared to now - still grinding it at the tables vs. running your poker and restaurant empire?
    That’s a good one too, adjacent to many of the concerns implicit in my list of Qs.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,239AdministratorLeadPro
    I got an email from a coach on another training site that is doing a question and answer this weekend on Twitch. Perhaps I'll do this on Youtube. Could even be private for subs only we will see. Bart
    by 1PBJTIME
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,712Subscriber
    Ok. This actually sounds cool. Hope it works out
    Bart said:
    I got an email from a coach on another training site that is doing a question and answer this weekend on Twitch. Perhaps I'll do this on Youtube. Could even be private for subs only we will see. Bart
    Yes, there's another podcaster (totally different field) that does something like this to great effect. Basically, he has his weekly show, with monthly/quarterly AMA episodes for paid subscribers. Good form of bonus content.