Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Trip Aces facing a turn raise

I already know the answer, but going to post anyway.

2/5 $550 Effective stacks. Hero is viewed as a tight aggressive wining player at this game. Villain 1 is a pro and considered the best player the table. Villain 2 is IMO a loose aggressive "pro" who isnt all that good.

Villain 2 straddles for $10 on the button. folded to Villain 1 who calls for $10 in MP, 1 fold and I make it $40 with AKss. Straddle and Villain 1 both call.

Flop comes Ac 3c Ad. Villain 1 checks. I bet $70 into the $120 pot. Villain 2 calls.

Pot $260. Turn brings in the front door flush with the 7c (i think). I bet $100, Villain snap raises to $225. I have $380 behind.

I felt he could have had the flush here, but can we ever fold here? He can have all the other aces and bluffs as well? I thought about it for a while and basically came to the conclusion that I am at the top of my range here and if if folding trip Aces with a K kicker, then what hands do I continue with here...

I ended up shoving my $380 he called for less with 48cc and was good. I am pretty sure I made the right play here against this particular player, but I am curious if anyone feels otherwise.

Tagged:

Comments

• JLBJ Posts: 156Subscriber
    Yeah, probably can’t fold if he is an aggressive player.

Any merit to checking and throwing an aggressive player the rope? I know we have to be worried about letting hands with a club catch up on the river, though.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    edited September 2018
    i would check turn unless i had a hi Club as a kicker than i would continue.

as played we could make an exploitative fold but id probaly call if villain was bad or bluffy.
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 923Subscriber
    I prefer a c/c turn. If turn goes ch-ch, on non club rivers any ace will pay us off anyway.

As played, not sure why we had to shove turn instead of calling the raise.