Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bizarre hand against once-in-a-lifetime lunatic

2/5 Game
Background: Playing against a totally nutso guy that's playing like someone is going to murder his family if he's doesn't look 5 buy-ins in the next few hours. He's blind raising to $55 every single hand (by which I mean, yes, every.single.hand) calling all raises no matter the size, and bombing flops with any/every/no-thing.

He's sitting roughly $650 deep, Hero is BTN, Villain is CO.

Folds to V, who raises to $55. Hero calls with XX.....what is your minimum calling range?

Flop: 6d6c5d V leads for $110...what are you calling with here?

Turn: Kc, V bets 150...Hero calls.

River:Ks V shoves for $285. What is your minimum calling range? (Are you calling with A high, Q high?)

Comments

• QuantumSurfer Posts: 138Subscriber
    I'd iso raise to stack off if I'm going to play a hand. Overcalling this shallow doesn't seem to make much sense to me. We're effectively playing with under a dozen big blinds in a 2/5/55 game. Fold or get it in territory. If he always calls, we can stack off extremely wide in this configuration since there's only the blinds to worry about. The less they call the more we can push our range towards the top 40ish %. Seems action. Hope you're well rolled.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,433Subscriber
    You want to play a very tight range when not last to act. When last to act you can loosen up to a less tight but good heads up range. If he is raising 100% of the time and CBing 100% of the time then you will stack off often even at times with Ace high heads up with some equity.
    by 1CycleV