Casino: Seven Mile Casino - $2/3 NLHE $300 max buy-in - Effective stacks around $480Hand 1
- Hero from CO ($520) Q♠
- Almost 3 a.m. Mistakes were made.
Straddled from UTG for $6 with 3 limpers. Hero over limps. SB/BB call and Straddler checks.
- Checks to UTG($480) who bets $15, folds to Hero who calls with backdoor flush/straight draws, and BB($121) is only other caller.
- Checks to UTG who bets $25, Hero only calls, BB shoves for remaining $106, UTG calls, Hero?? In my opinion the UTG player clearly does not have a made hand with him just calling. Do we shove to try and fold out the UTG? If called we should have enough equity to be OK. Pot is $394 if Hero just calls extra from the BB. Shoving would put UTG all-in for his remaining $359.
What is the best option here on the turn?Hand 2
- DIFFERENT NIGHT - Similar hand but this time we are versus two maniacs that I've been playing with for hours. MP2 fires at everything while BB calls every flop bet hoping for a check on turn to bet/take down. They play way too many hands. BB has rebought 3 separate times for the max. Currently ran this buy-in up a bit. Effective stacks $320.
Hero from HJ ($320) 9♠
raises to $15, SB, BB, and MP2 call.
- Checks to MP2($360) who leads out for $35, Hero calls, and BB($550) calls.
- MP2($325) bets $80, Hero with ($270)??? How often can we turn our hand here into a bluff raise/shove? I am fairly confident based on how MP2 plays he still has 1 pair here a lot. AQ/KQ/QJ make sense. The BB could have anything from flush draw, to bottom two, or absolutely nothing. We do not have any hearts so that leaves open the very real possibility of a flush draw being in one of their hands.
Hero just calls. River was an off suit Queen and I talked myself into a check instead of betting in side pot for value. BB had T6os and UTG has 7♦ 4♦
Hero shoves for his $270, $190 raise, BB folds, and MP2 tanks for 3 minutes before folding. He had $245 left when I shoved for an extra $190.