Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

How poker saved my son's life

FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,290Subscriber
Playing poker for over a decade changed the way I analyze and think about things. It changed the structure of my approach to problems allowing me to perform some critical thinking and out of the box analysis.

This week my son came down with a pain on his side and within 4 hours I realized he had appendicitis. I literally weighed all the variables and applied equity to each variable to form basically an equity equation in my head of call or fold in a sense. When the variables added to over 50% probability I rushed him to the hospital. I caught it so early even the doctors were surprised. Usually people wait 24 hours before they believe something is wrong enough to go to the hospital, some 48 hours after it has burst.

I know my thinking has changed because I used to play wargames before poker. I'd play them with a certain mindset. After poker my thinking process completely changed how I approach wargames now in the last decade.

So if anyone says poker skills are useless...... it lets you critically think and analyze situations in a different way even in life.
by 1Bart

Comments

• neverlearn2 Posts: 2,819Subscriber
    hahah. nice.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,092Subscriber
    Glad you caught it on time. :tu:
    Wishing him speedy recovery! :cool:
  • RecreationalRogerRecreationalRoger Posts: 755Subscriber
    Hey Fuzzy,

What war games did you use to play? You talking video games or the old Avalon Hill board Games?
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,290Subscriber
    edited February 28
    Games I have played
    Mostly WW2 grand strategy mixed in with empire building games.... Diplomacy was the simplest of them
    Currently I am playing a World in Flames game because my friends begged me.

Played computer wargames too. I am developing one for Matrix Games and it should be in Beta testing within about a month. So far no one knows about it. I also designed the last 2 expansions for Strategic Command 2 and I am still collecting royalties on it.
  • jokedump Posts: 2Member
    i understand, this is not fun. But recently i founded same gambling jokes . It was a lol, but i think u need to be more carefully