Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

x/r Biggest stack at table

PrimoVictor Posts: 50Subscriber
edited October 11 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
I feel like I made multiple mistakes in this hand. Flop is one of them. Question is on Turn card. I have never played with this V until tonight.

Hero ($460) in MP2 with 7 6
Villain is tight with biggest stack at table. Over 1k.

Hero raises to $15, V raises to $35, and only Hero calls. Only other time V had 3! was almost exact same situation but Hero folded and V showed KK.

Flop: ($70) Q 8 4 Hero checks, V bets $35, Hero raises to $115, and V calls.

Turn: ($300) Q 8 4 7 Hero thinks for a minute then checks, V shoves, and Hero folds. I just decided in the moment I knew exactly where he was and I really doubted he was going to fold. My question is am I still supposed to just jam this turn with my remaining $310, bet smaller $225ish, or check with intentions of giving up to his known over pair as played.

If we give him AA or KK with a we have 36%.
Tagged:

Comments

• kaboojie Posts: 192Subscriber
    I’m not sure if this is 1-2 or 2/5.

I wouldnt normally call a 3 bet in this configuration with 76s. However, the 3 bet is a little small so calling not horrible.

I think I’d rather call the flop bet. This board is not that bad for the 3 bettor. You x/r looks very much like a draw.

You’re getting pretty close to the right odds on a call vs Tp hands and over pairs. It’s probably not a huge mistake to call.

The bigger mistake imo is the x/r on the flop.
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,739Subscriber
    if we are c/r flop here, i would shove turns especially if I picked up equity.

If we dont want to shove turns on blanks id rather have this hand in my call range cause we got so much equity wouldnt want to get blown off it.

and depending on stakes, we might still get paid on river if flush comes.
    by 1hustlin
  • CycleV Posts: 635Subscriber
    Even for the small raise pre, I'd fold, or 4bet if you're feeling adventurous. (At 1/3 I would almost never bother; at 2/5 it depends on the V and my image, which is usually tight enough to generate folds.)

If you think about constructing a range, preflop what hands do we 4!, what hands do we call, what hands do we fold to a 3!, well we have to have some folds in our range. At the price he gave you, you're probably calling or raising every PP and AK. You're calling strong suited broadways. Unsuited BW below KQ are in the muck, maybe also KTs and QTs depening on who raised us. But that's still a lot of defending and not much folding. So we're left with SC and Axs. Since we're HU the IO with these hands is pretty bad, so I think they can go into the muck; 76s is prob the worst SC I open in MP so this seems like an easy fold for me.
  • hustlin Posts: 164Subscriber
    +1 !!!!
    neverlearn2 said:
    if we are c/r flop here, i would shove turns especially if I picked up equity.

If we dont want to shove turns on blanks id rather have this hand in my call range cause we got so much equity wouldnt want to get blown off it.

and depending on stakes, we might still get paid on river if flush comes.
  • PrimoVictor Posts: 50Subscriber
    Tag showed it was a 2/3 game
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,208Subscriber
    $20 for ~25:1 vs a narrow range is a call. If someone starts folding to small raises like that I start bluff 3b'ing small. Players at these stakes can't fold overpairs.

As played.......
    You can XR like you did and bet ~$150 OTT then give up because these guys play so predictable. Very likely he doesnt have QQ otherwise he would probably slowplay it.

Another thing is that you can XR small on the flop like $85, then bet $150 on the turn. It has a similar effect but with a little more umph on the turn to make hands like JJ and TT fold. Now if you XR small and feel like he snap called and he isn't folding that AA/KK then bet smaller OTT to price yourself in. Then you can shove an easy call pot for him or XF.

If we know what our opponent and will be passive if we take control on a hand like this we want to manipulate the pot as to our advantage to where we get to see all 5 cards as cheaply as possible while simultaneously setting up the pot for an easy shove when we hit.
  • PrimoVictor Posts: 50Subscriber
    Fuzzypup said:
    $20 for ~25:1 vs a narrow range is a call. If someone starts folding to small raises like that I start bluff 3b'ing small. Players at these stakes can't fold overpairs.

As played.......
    You can XR like you did and bet ~$150 OTT then give up because these guys play so predictable. Very likely he doesnt have QQ otherwise he would probably slowplay it.

Another thing is that you can XR small on the flop like $85, then bet $150 on the turn. It has a similar effect but with a little more umph on the turn to make hands like JJ and TT fold. Now if you XR small and feel like he snap called and he isn't folding that AA/KK then bet smaller OTT to price yourself in. Then you can shove an easy call pot for him or XF.

If we know what our opponent and will be passive if we take control on a hand like this we want to manipulate the pot as to our advantage to where we get to see all 5 cards as cheaply as possible while simultaneously setting up the pot for an easy shove when we hit.
    I like all of this. Thanks for the feedback.