Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Grind Poker Podcast No.66: Subscriber Questions and Mental Game

Craig Posts: 698Administrator
Rob fields subscriber questions - topics include bankroll management, moving up, tilt, study habits and when to go pro.

Episode Posts at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/subscriber-questions-and-mental-game
Tagged:

Comments

• JKH Posts: 835Subscriber
    edited October 2018
    Rob terrific podcast again I love listening.

I think there is an additional factor to consider about going pro that no one seems to mention or consider. The overall economy and sustainablity of the recreational player being able to fund the poker room one plays in.

Currently the US economy is very hot and yes players are better than they have ever been b/c of the information available and long term study of the information. But the average rec player has more money to lose now to fund the pro poker players. When the economy eventually turns and it will as it is a proven cyclical thing everyone’s win rate is going to be less as there will be less money to go around.

This can be somewhat solved if someone is willing to move around the world where games are good but I genuinely support Crush live poker message of slowly going 100% pro .
  • Snook Posts: 14Subscriber
    Hi Rob,

Interesting podcast as always. :tu: You note at the start that you've been watching a lot of training videos, is that CLP material or do you use other websites as well to develop?

Also you've mentioned in the past about your exit strategy from poker and learning programming. Is that something you still pursue and if so what language did you choose and for what purpose? I'm considering programming as another string to my bow but I'm unsure of which route to take, i.e. which language and ultimately for what purpose other than a potential plan B/second income if I grow tired of my current corporate grind. :???:

Regards,

Snook
  • MrO Posts: 159Subscriber
    Nice pod. I started implementing breaks too. Hear a pod with Tommy Angelo saying every 90 mins you should walk around. You see WAY too many people doing this for 7+ hour session where they never leave. I usually play 4-6 hour sessions and am most a weekend grinder, but have added a weekday to my schedule. So many people think after a hot month or two they can go pro. They don't understand the 300bb downswings. I've heard so many people say I've won for the last month at 1/2 can I go pro now? NO!!!

Your thoughts on how long you should sit at the table before walking around for an orbit?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler