Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video 364.: Lesson With Dana

Craig Posts: 619Administrator
Ki records a lesson with Dana Buck. Many preflop and postflop concepts are discussed as Ki reviews Dana's LATB session hands.

Episode Post at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/lesson-with-dana
Tagged:

Comments

  • AceSleeves Posts: 100Subscriber
    Amazing! Yes make this a series. Absolutely loved it!
  • GrinddaddyGrinddaddy Posts: 31Subscriber
    Yeah out of everyone here I understand ki and rob the best
    by 1KiLee
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 189Pro
    AceSleeves said:
    Amazing! Yes make this a series. Absolutely loved it!
    Thank you

  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 189Pro
    Grinddaddy said:
    Yeah out of everyone here I understand ki and rob the best
    Thanks!
  • BradleyT Posts: 621Subscriber
    One of the few CLP videos I've watched twice.

    More!

    @KiLee
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 189Pro
    BradleyT said:
    One of the few CLP videos I've watched twice.

    More!

    @KiLee
    Thank you! @BradleyT

  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 1,932SubscriberProfessional
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed the video. @KiLee is the man!
    by 1KiLee
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 315Subscriber
    Great concept for a video series. Definitely has me thinking more than a standard video does. Thanks to @KiLee and @dpbuck for doing it.
    I had a question about the sizing in the hand where Dana has KK vs K6hh. Dana states he bet $100 into the $130 pot because his opponent was calling will all top pair hands as well as flush draws. Ki thought he should size smaller because that is what we should do w/ non-value hands as well as value hands. My question is when playing at the $5 blind level and below, do we really need to worry about this? The majority of our opponents aren't paying attention to the sizing we use for value vs bluffs so I would think we could get away with sizing up for value and down for bluffs, especially against a VIP type opponent.
    Could you please share your thoughts on this? Thank you.
  • KiLeeKiLee Posts: 189Pro
    irwinbet said:
    Great concept for a video series. Definitely has me thinking more than a standard video does. Thanks to @KiLee and @dpbuck for doing it.
    I had a question about the sizing in the hand where Dana has KK vs K6hh. Dana states he bet $100 into the $130 pot because his opponent was calling will all top pair hands as well as flush draws. Ki thought he should size smaller because that is what we should do w/ non-value hands as well as value hands. My question is when playing at the $5 blind level and below, do we really need to worry about this? The majority of our opponents aren't paying attention to the sizing we use for value vs bluffs so I would think we could get away with sizing up for value and down for bluffs, especially against a VIP type opponent.
    Could you please share your thoughts on this? Thank you.

    I think that poor sizing is a very common leak among a lot of players. Most of them size WAY too big, especially in big blaoted pots.

    In theory, there is no end to exploiting opponents and we can make a case for getting away with just about anything.

    But when we do this, we pretty much throw balance out the window completely. While you might think that you can get away with betting big for value and small with bluffs, at some point people will catch on. And not just the rec players involved in the hand, but people observing the hand, too.

    Also betting small is not just for bluffing for a cheap price-fixing it also works for us in getting value from weak hands. Some of these weaker hands may good to a bigger bet.

    So you can think of betting small as targeting a wider range of hands whereas betting big targets a narrower range of hands.

    Finally look at the stack sizes. We don't need to bet big to get all-in. Whats the rush in building a pot?
Sign In or Register to comment.