Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/10 KK in 3- bet pot

mex Posts: 23Subscriber
edited November 6 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Villain is older Gentleman who likes to play lots of hands, he is new to the game, so i did not know much about him when this hand came up

1.5 k eff.
V open btn 25, Hero bb 125 KcKd, Vcalls

Jc9h2c, Hero 150 , V Calls (550)

Tc, i ck, V bets 250, Hero Calls (1050)

Td, ck, V bets 900 , Hero???

Please feel free to share your thoughts

Comments

• Superfly Posts: 48SubscriberProfessional
    edited November 6
    Seems like a fold on river to me. FD and SD hit on turn. Trips/boats hit on river. All you beat is QQ, QJ and AJ, which I doubt V is overplaying or bluffing in 3b pot.
    by 1CycleV
  • kaboojie Posts: 204Subscriber
    Seems like a polarized bet that will be either nuts or air. It doesn't look like too many natural bluffs have bricked, which I think heavily skews the V's range towards value. I would fold.
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 666Subscriber
    It looks like his betting pattern is Turn: I don't want to lose my customer; River I want value for my hand (that he missed by not betting big enough ott). Old dudes just don't bluff enough for me to play the hero.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,220Member
    edited November 7
    Your oppening statement is confusing a bit, first you say that he likes to play a lot of hands but then you change it to him being new to the table and you have no info?
    It might seem silly but either statement could sway opinions one way or the other, so try to be more precise.
    Let’s see, he opens the BTN you then 5x his open which should in theory narrow the range of hands one defends with vs that sizing, especially an older gent., but you did say he likes to play a lot of hands.. see where it gets confusing.

I agree this is a polar sizing and a large bet for live but he bet when a flush completes OTT and then bets the same range of hands when the board pairs OTR for value? Sorry I don’t buy it.
    And I’m not sure how @superfly gives him trips or straights that he’d play this way.
    I think I’d call specifically with your hand.
    edited November 8
    I think JTs, T9s and are possible calls IP preflop that could call flop and fill up on river. KQs could also call pre and flop, then hit straight on turn. ATs for trips admittedly much less likely. Are these good calls to a 5x 3B pre, maybe not. But he does say this V likes to play a lot of hands. I would discount them but definitely not eliminate them from consideration.
    @Letmewin1, what are the logical bluff combos that call a 5x 3B pre and cbet, then turn their hand into a bluff? QJs and AJs? We block KJs. Seems like there are a lot more logical value combos than bluffs that take this line.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,220Member
    edited November 7
    Superfly said:
    @Letmewin1, what are the logical bluff combos that call a 5x 3B pre and cbet, then turn their hand into a bluff? QJs and AJs? We block KJs. Seems like there are a lot more logical value combos than bluffs that take this line.
    It’s not about logical bluffs it’s about the value that takes this line.
    IME an older gent. x back the river close to 100% of the time with a flush when the board pairs and never bets a straight for value so his value range shrinks dramatically especially when he calls a 5x 3!
    Can he have JJJ or 999 and not raise the flop with those hands?

This just my opinion and I’ve been wrong in the past and most definitely can be wrong here but the line makes very little sense.
  • mex Posts: 23Subscriber
    Letmewin1 said:
    Your oppening statement is confusing a bit, first you say that he likes to play a lot of hands but then you change it to him being new to the table and you have no info?
    It might seem silly but either statement could sway opinions one way or the other, so try to be more precise.
    Let’s see, he opens the BTN you then 5x his open which should in theory narrow the range of hands one defends with vs that sizing, especially an older gent., but you did say he likes to play a lot of hands.. see where it gets confusing.

I agree this is a polar sizing and a large bet for live but he bet when a flush completes OTT and then bets the same range of hands when the board pairs OTR for value? Sorry I don’t buy it.
    And I’m not sure how @superfly gives him trips or straights that he’d play this way.
    I think I’d call specifically with your hand.
    I played with him for a couple of orbits , he played almost every hand before this hand came up

@mex, not to be results oriented, but I’m curious. What did you end up doing? Did he show?
    I fold, he did not show his hand but he told me later that he had JJ.. Think he was honest to me, but who knows...
    Thanks for your Feedback guys
  • Jwhoover Posts: 14Subscriber
    Is AxAc more of a call here because we don’t block KQ, I think KK makes it more of a fold and it feels like 999 here a lot.