Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Podcast No. 318 "The Power of Poker Memory"

BartBart Posts: 5,364AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart discusses techniques to improve your poker memory and hand recall. He then goes into an unorthodox hand and explains how and why he will learn from it in the future.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/the-power-of-poker-memory
Tagged:

Comments

• GrinddaddyGrinddaddy Posts: 31Subscriber
    When you’re new and learn certain parts of poker can be skilled base knowledge it’s easy to forget that it’s still gambling I called in a hand before that happened to be a bad beat and really didn’t know it was but you were still patient and didn’t berate me part of me wishes you would have though cause there were a lot more bad beats after that and I questioned my play a lot
  • BartBart Posts: 5,364AdministratorLeadPro
    Yes emotions can cloud a lot of our judgments and some people never get out of the cycle of having their feelings block any learning from experience.
  • GrinddaddyGrinddaddy Posts: 31Subscriber
    Bart said:
    Yes emotions can cloud a lot of our judgments and some people never get out of the cycle of having their feelings block any learning from experience.
    Most definite emotions also cloud judgement hard not to be results oriented as well but we all gotta start somewhere
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 315Subscriber
    @Bart - early in this podcast you mentioned that you get a lot of emails asking how you note hands. You mentioned that you use notepad & some short hand while at the table, and then transcribe them for the forums, podcasts etc. I do something similar using Google word doc. I have a hand template that I load into the doc & then use short hand at the table. I am pasting it below in case anyone else might find it helpful. Or if anyone does something similar maybe they could share what they do. Thank you.

Opponent:
    Stack:
    Preflop:
    Pot:
    Stack:
    Flop:
    Pot:
    Stack:
    Turn:
    Pot:
    Stack:
    River:
    Pot:
    Stack:
  • BartBart Posts: 5,364AdministratorLeadPro
    irwinbet said:
    @Bart - early in this podcast you mentioned that you get a lot of emails asking how you note hands. You mentioned that you use notepad & some short hand while at the table, and then transcribe them for the forums, podcasts etc. I do something similar using Google word doc. I have a hand template that I load into the doc & then use short hand at the table. I am pasting it below in case anyone else might find it helpful. Or if anyone does something similar maybe they could share what they do. Thank you.

Opponent:
    Stack:
    Preflop:
    Pot:
    Stack:
    Flop:
    Pot:
    Stack:
    Turn:
    Pot:
    Stack:
    River:
    Pot:
    Stack:
    Nice! obviously this isnt something that we could use at the table shorthand but might be helpful for those wanting to transcribe. Bart
  • irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 315Subscriber
    I don't actually type all that out every hand, I have several copies of it loaded & fill in some short hand stuff at the table. Just enough that it will spark my memory when I go back to review hands away from the table.
    by 1Bart